Amish

Quote:
Us nimnods just need education, that's all. I need to find an Amish website.... (are you laughing yet?)

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Wow I wasn't expecting so many responses. To make sure I'm clear on something. I dont expect every Amish person to butcher chickens. I was told in passing by someone that says there is a Amish family by me that will butcher for me. I just wasn't sure on how to approach them.

Quote:
Just go talk to them. Tell them someone told you they sometimes do custom butchering. If they're interested they'll tell you so.....if they aren't they'll tell you that too.

Quote:
Us nimnods just need education, that's all. I need to find an Amish website.... (are you laughing yet?)

hey dont laugh... I live near a Mennonite community I go there all the time... and they do advertise on the net... and the local sewing/quilting club actually has online sales they accept paypal and everything

ETA: I went onto the local feed store in St. Jacobs (the Mennonite community) I bought some feed and supplies and while I was there I asked the lady at the counter about poultry processing... she went to the cork board and pulled off a couple business cards and said here give 'em a call.... so there are ppl willing to help

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the record...being Mennonite and being Amish are not the exact same thing. We have things in common, but also a lot of things are different. There are also a lot of different sects amongst both of the groups. Some much stricter than others.

Last edited:
Quote:
sorry Katy I did not mean to imply they were the same .... I was just trying to get across that just because some think the stereotypes are true... does not make it true... and offering a suggestion about getting a processor within the Amish or Mennonite community..... sorry did not mean to offend

Quote:
sorry Katy I did not mean to imply they were the same .... I was just trying to get across that just because some think the stereotypes are true... does not make it true... and offering a suggestion about getting a processor within the Amish or Mennonite community..... sorry did not mean to offend

I'm not offended.....it just seems tho that a lot of people seem to think they are the exact same. Just trying to clear that up.

It seemed every time I visited my friend in a nursing home, there was a group of Mennonites visiting, too. After a few months, I overheard the lady who worked the front desk say to her friend "I just love it when the Methodists come to sing." So, see, there is very little difference.

Back
Top Bottom