An AWESOME boss!

Frosty

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 30, 2008
ND
My son has a good friend who is like a part of our family. He moved here from out of state and brought his dog and all of his possessions. He got a job delivering furniture and seems to really like the job, and his employer seems to really value him.

This morning at 6:30 AM he let his dog out while getting ready for work. The dog always stayed close and this was the routine pretty much for almost 2 years. But this morning was different. The dog disappeared. The friend called his boss and told him that he couldn't come in until he found his dog. I'm sure that threw off the delivery schedule since they already don't have enough delivery people. His boss not only gave him the time to look for his dog, he also left work himself to help with the search! He was actually the one that found the dog. Unfortunately, she was hit by a car and dislocated both hips, one is broken. The dog is still at the vets office, she had surgery today for some of the repairs and will possibly have round two of surgery on Monday. The boss gave him the rest of the day off, a good thing because the poor kid is really shook up.

But to have a boss give an employee time off to look for a lost dog, then come out to help with the search? If I need to buy furniture, I know where I am going...

How kind of his boss.
thumbsup.gif
wish there were more like him. I hope his baby will be okay.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom