Advice please serama cockerel

fluffanfeathers

Chirping
Jun 23, 2022
Uk
Advice please
I purchased a pure serama cockerel with silkied feathers in August this year he is tiny. I already had 6 serama pullets about to come into lay. Straight away he never showed any cockerel behaviour and 2 of the hens started picking on him. I managed to re home the 2 as he seemed to be boss over the remaining 4. The only cockerel behaviour he shows is crowing in the morning when they first come out and that’s not every day. I contacted his previous owner who said he had always been lowest in pecking order and to give him time… he spends a lot of time sleeping but eats well and no mites, lice etc… or worms.
He just acts more like a hen!
The girls are all laying now and squat in front of him but he just ignores them.
Has anybody else ever had this
With a cockerel? He was a year old last May so I feel lowest in the pecking order at his previous home or not surely by now he should be showing some cockerel tendencies? He doesn’t dance or share goodies with his girls either any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 85C3EB40-EED7-4CA6-A237-2FC84AFE8CC4.jpeg
    85C3EB40-EED7-4CA6-A237-2FC84AFE8CC4.jpeg
    513.1 KB · Views: 111
Advice please
I purchased a pure serama cockerel with silkied feathers in August this year he is tiny. I already had 6 serama pullets about to come into lay. Straight away he never showed any cockerel behaviour and 2 of the hens started picking on him. I managed to re home the 2 as he seemed to be boss over the remaining 4. The only cockerel behaviour he shows is crowing in the morning when they first come out and that’s not every day. I contacted his previous owner who said he had always been lowest in pecking order and to give him time… he spends a lot of time sleeping but eats well and no mites, lice etc… or worms.
He just acts more like a hen!
The girls are all laying now and squat in front of him but he just ignores them.
Has anybody else ever had this
With a cockerel? He was a year old last May so I feel lowest in the pecking order at his previous home or not surely by now he should be showing some cockerel tendencies? He doesn’t dance or share goodies with his girls either any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So he's a rooster? He should be exhibiting some type of behaviour by now. I kind of have a feeling you were sold a crowing hen...

Back
Top Bottom