An old Lady in the Salem/Flora Illinois are killed by a Pit Bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log chain that is both a yes and no. Pits are VERY beefy strong dogs to begin with. Mine has never been on anything heaver than 1/4" braided line. Could he snap it? I'm positive he could.. But with a training collar on he wouldn't dare. It would choke him while gouging his neck to hamburger. Honestly a logging chain isn't much for large breed dogs in general. I've taken him on bike rides with me and have sat back and he still wanted to run so he pulled my 200lbs plus bike on his regular collar. People just underestimate Large breed dogs in general, or ignore what they were bred for and freak out when the dog acts out because of boredom and frustration. I do think everyone who has a large breed needs to work with their dogs. To chain one to a tree and leave it though? Criminal!!

What IS a log chain? I'm guessing, but not sure? Poor lady and little dog.
sad.png

Quote:
heavy duty chains designed for dragging logs and trees... used for strapping down loads on trailers like cars etc... the links on a logging chain are easily as thick as a finger...

But every chain is as strong as it's weakest link

hide.gif

Ok, clichéd I know i know.

Quote:
See that's what I meant. Those cable things are excellent for when you do need to restrain. So much room to roam! Wish everyone used them.

yeah me too. Those stupid plastic/metal chains you clip on and wrap around a tree are funny. My Jack russel has more of a lead than that on her run in the back yard... but that's because she thinks she's a rabbit dog.....
wink.png

That kind of chain, on a dog?
hmm.png

People make me sick sometimes, no wait, a lot of times....but not you guys, of course.
smile.png

We rescued a HUGE gorgeous yellow lab, not knowing he was a car chaser and small animal killer (he was a stray for at least 2 years). Not just a car chaser- he has to run in front of any car that goes by. We live on a steep gravel mountain road. I have this "lemony snicketts" vision of him running the school bus (or anyone really)off the cliff. He's in a 6 x 12 ft kennel with a roof and sides and a platform bed 90% of the time. It sucks for him- but it's better than risking people's lives.

I hope they found a good home for the lady's surviving dog.
sad.png

Stories like this are just so sad.

The dog will probably get most of the blame, for being a 'vicious monster', and the person who left it unsocialized and chained will get off scot free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom