Ancona Ducks

Yeah I'm starting to think that's the easiest way no matter the breed lol.
smile.png
The other three still mutter... whistle.... peep.... while only one actutally Quacks! lol
Our only issue at this time is that the 3 in the background are siblings. The one in the fore (a tri color) is the only one unrelated. I was hoping on breeding a bit... but I don't want to breed siblings. So we'll be off for more eggs soon enough, well as soon as I figure out who's a what.
thumbsup.gif

The other three still mutter... whistle.... peep.... while only one actutally Quacks!  lol
Our only issue at this time is that the 3 in the background are siblings.  The one in the fore (a tri color) is the only one unrelated.  I was hoping on breeding a bit... but I don't want to breed siblings.  So we'll be off for more eggs soon enough, well as soon as I figure out who's a what.  :thumbsup

I know what you mean. I would like to have a breeding trio as well. I ordered 12 eggs altogether 6 from 1 breeder and 6 from a seperate breeder. Unfortunately most the eggs from the 2nd breeder are not turning out. They almost all look to be bad. :( it's still early though so hopefully they will still develop.. :)

Mine all had displaced air cells from the postage, so we inclubated in cartons. I had ordered 9, 4 made it.... but our little tri color there, rolled the other 3 eggs and I hadn't a clue that an hour after being rolled would make a huge difference. I sat them all back up, but by next morning, they were dead in the shells. It was a re-learning experience.

Incubating now will have approach.

Mine all had displaced air cells from the postage, so we inclubated in cartons. I had ordered 9, 4 made it.... but our little tri color there, rolled the other 3 eggs and I hadn't a clue that an hour after being rolled would make a huge difference.  I sat them all back up, but by next morning, they were dead in the shells.  It was a re-learning experience.  

Incubating now will have approach.

Wow I didn't know that either. I was always told it won't hurt them... :(

I'm looking for females so that I can try to fix my male:female ratio...I currently have 5 drakes and 3 hens...can't find a good home for any of my drakes, so obviously the only logical solution is MORE DUCKS, right?! :)

katieodie I think Learycow lives in Maine she has ancona. I have 3 drakes and I need to fine homes for 2. I hatched these from eggs it is hard to fine someone who sells hatchlings.

Yeah, I've spoken with her. I'd love to find some adult females...I have a pekin who was abandoned here and he won't stop harassing my embden goose (prefers her over the welsh harlequin hens I have) so I'm trying to find some white/predominantly white females. It seems like there always has to be that one weird duck...

Back
Top Bottom