Ancona Ducks

I am wanting to get some Ancona ducks to add to my flock. My problem is I don't know what color(s) I should get. I would really like to consistently have a variety of colors rather than just one.

My question is: Is there a combination of 2 or 3 different colors that would consistently give me a variety of colors? If so, what color does the females and drakes need to be in order to do this?

Also, is there a color that sells better than others? I am in SW Missouri if that helps.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Last edited:
I am wanting to get some Ancona ducks to add to my flock. My problem is I don't know what color(s) I should get. I would really like to consistently have a variety of colors rather than just one.

My question is: Is there a combination of 2 or 3 different colors that would consistently give me a variety of colors? If so, what color does the females and drakes need to be in order to do this?

Also, is there a color that sells better than others? I am in SW Missouri if that helps.

If you can stay away from black, you are more likely to always get a variety of colors. Blues and chocolates create some awesome colors and it's always a surprise as to what you will get for ducklings!

As for colors that sell, it depends on what your target market is. Some people prefer the black as that's one of the original colors and they are fairly easy to find. Others like the more "rare" colors such as lavender, silver, buff, etc.
But you will likely find that a variety of colors minus the black will be popular with most people :)

I am wanting to get some Ancona ducks to add to my flock. My problem is I don't know what color(s) I should get. I would really like to consistently have a variety of colors rather than just one.

If you can stay away from black, you are more likely to always get a variety of colors. Blues and chocolates create some awesome colors and it's always a surprise as to what you will get for ducklings!

As for colors that sell, it depends on what your target market is. Some people prefer the black as that's one of the original colors and they are fairly easy to find. Others like the more "rare" colors such as lavender, silver, buff, etc.
But you will likely find that a variety of colors minus the black will be popular with most people :)

You could also go with a black hen in the mix & avoid black drakes. That would give you a few black babies without making them the dominant color. I would pick blue or chocolate for the drake & then put blue, chocolate & a black hen under it. If you have more than 4-5 hens I would add a 2nd drake of another color. I try not to have more than 5 hens per drake for the best fertility.

Try sarasweatman. I think she has some of those colors but not sure if hers are laying yet. It's still pretty cold in PA right now. I have blue & black from her stock but mine haven't gotten in gear yet.

Last edited:
We will be selling ducklings and hatching eggs when the weather warms up some. You can visit our website for more details, http://worthitfarms.jigsy.com
I have tried contacting you through your website and FB a few times with no response
sad.png

I have tried contacting you through your website and FB a few times with no response
sad.png
I'm sorry. Where on the website did you try? Did you fill out a form? Did you email me? Facebook can be difficult to check (can't do it on my phone or ipad), but PMs on here and email gets read pretty often. If you don't have my email, it's Worth It Farms @ gmail.com (remove spaces). It's the best way to contact me.

Back
Top Bottom