And another dog!!

talos321

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Gaffney, South Carolina
The other neighbors terrier dog climbed my fence and pulled back the screwed down board over the roof of the run jumped in and killed 6 chicks including my gimpy Fiddle. The others were hidden in the corner under a huge nest box.
th.gif

I captured the dog (still in the cage) and told the neighbor and she told me to take it to the animal shelter or have Animal Control pick it up which is what happened. She also paid 50.00 for the chicks and the cage damage and appologized. Gah! Why did it have a preference and kill nearly all the pullets..
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Dang dogs. I would definitely tell the animal control people WHY he is being surrendered. And please be sure to list the REAL owners name as the one surrendering, NOT YOU.
Sorry to hear about your babies. I am not sure if I caught the dog that it would still be alive to go to a new home (the 3s rule applies on my farm.)

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that it is heartbreaking to lose any of your chicks, but poor little Fiddle. After all of your hard work to make sure that both of the twins survived. This is so disappointing. I agree with some of the others, I wouldn't have had a reason to call animal control. I would not make the little chicken killer someone else's problem.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Dorothy

Yeah I reported to them whom the dog belonged to. I was very upset for Fiddle because I worked with her for weeks because she had a gimpy leg and was slow. So this evening as I was coming into the house I noticed this woman now has a puppy Rottweiler in her back fence.
roll.png

Both the chicks and her dogs deserved so much better than this woman's incompetence. I just do not understand why she even wants a dog because she's very shallow and really doesn't spend time with them.

Thanks for commenting I was very shocked all morning.

Last edited:
I do not understand why some people get animals if they aren't going to spend time with them and take responsibility for them. All of my animals are part of my family, not just pets. I love, play, pet and hold all of my "family" members, except my German Shephard, he is way too big...lol

I am really sorry for you loss. This is so disappointing.

Dorothy

By the way, I don't know if you remember that I am the one that has the duck eggs in the bator that looks like one has twins in it. Well, they aren't due to hatch for another 5 days and when I turned them tonight, they started chirping while in my hand. I almost dropped the egg, it scared me so bad...lol

In my neighbourhood just a few people have dogs. An older couple has two little yappy things. The people behind me have a MinPin. Down the street there's a Labradoodle(whom I love to death). There's a Golden a few houses away, a Pit/Boxer mix who lays in his yard and watches people go by, a goofy Shepherd mix who sits in the middle of the street, and a mutt that goes wandering. BUT the problem dog is the one owned by the Queen of the Neighbourhood. They've had a Dalmatian that was never walked and got into everyone's trash. When Freckles died, we were all hoping that they would be dog free...no such luck. They got a registered German ShortHaired Pointer. They never walk it or if they do, it's let Buddy out the door and after a couple of hours, get in the car and drive up and down the street honking the horn until he jumps in. He's been taken away a few times for filching things off people's grills and picnic tables. But they always bail him out and tie him up for a couple of days. This dog isn't socialized, not walked and he runs amuck. He's gotten into my fenced yard a few times. The first time I went to the neighbours and said that he was getting in and he had to be kept up. The next time, Obelisk flew out of the yard and I didn't find her for over an hour. She had ruffled feathers on her back/bum area, so he did chomp on her. But she was okay...Scared enough to fly over a 6 foot stockade fence and 100 yards down the street without touching ground...
I called the ACO and he said that I can shoot Buddy if I catch him in the yard. This is a suburb of Boston, not the wild west, but I would still be in my rights because he's harrassing "livestock" and violating the leash law.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your special baby, Fiddle.
People buy their animals because they think that's what they're supposed to do...then they "forget" all about them...it's buyers remorse, but the animals suffer.

Back
Top Bottom