. . . AND SO, THE SEARCH BEGINS!!!!!

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast Coast of Florida
* The house is under contract so time to start the hunt for the "chicken-friendliest" place in America!!! How 'bout it?? Do YOU live there??? We'd like to see some hills FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AGES and sweet-smelling trees outside the windows. Keep in mind, however, that as 15 year veterans of the SO-FLO heat, we might be a bit 'thin-skinned' for certain places and that includes the chicken!!! I've been thinking West Virginia for a while, possibly, but haven't been there since I was a kid. HOW 'BOUT IT? IDEAS????

Last edited:
We moved from Cocoa Beach, FL to the WV, OH, PA border. I absolutely LOVE it here.

I have a farm property that is 2 miles away from my house. I've got the chickens at the house and the neighbors don't care at all. They enjoy watching the chickens and they love the free eggs.

I keep the larger animals at the farm along with the meat birds, ducks, turkeys and guineas.

Take care and good luck!

Tami

Axton, Virginia. Beautiful views where I am. You can see the Blue Ridge Mtns. from my back porch. And were about an hour away. My neighbor talked about selling their 5 BR, 3 Bath house w/ 2 acres. There is fencing up also. The right price will buy it for you.

And you will have a chicken loving neighbor.
thumbsup.gif

lol.png
lol.png
Probably not!! BUT, I'd still like to know why you think (KNOW??) that it's the friendliest place for chickens in America. As my mom says, "Who knows what the LORD has in mind???". . . .
big_smile.png
idunno.gif

You probably want to stay in the Western to Central parts of the Carolinas, Virginia, and even up to W.Virginia. It can get cold though in those Northern areas so not sure how "thin skinned" you all are. Tennessee is beautiful on the Eastern side too and I hear not too expensive to live.

Good luck, how nice you can just kind of pick a place to live, not obligated to work, family, etc. You must show pictures when you find the place.

I live in Upstate NY so we are too cold for you, but I do really like it.

Back
Top Bottom