animal control came and said to get rid of my chickens!

thats what I mean. How come dogs can have free reign, and our poor chickens that are kept in our own yards, etc., they want to give a hard time to. I just can't stop thinking about all this. After 8 months, someone or something reports us. Hubby thinks it could have been just someone walking down the street and heard them? Too bad, like they are really that loud,come on, dogs are lots louder, but no rule on them. thats not saying I would want a rule on them, just want them to leave me alone.

Guess what, to my suprise yet again this morning I went out to clean out my coops and pick up the yard with my 3yr non the less. What happened, the shepard and the lab came over and tackled one of my beagles, rolling him several times.
Before I could get over there to beat the ever loving tar off that dog, he retreated back to his yard. He is lucky, I had a shovel!
barnie.gif

So I made the ever so pleasent call to my neighbors once again and warned them that if the dog entered the yard AGAIN, it would be returning home with bullet in it. We are not having our 3yr eaten by some one who will NOT be responsilble....and you know when dogs get in a fight, once they get going, whatever is in the way gets bit.
rant.gif

It is so aggrivating that our local police or county will not do things to solve this...it is getting a little ridiculous. I think I maybe having some anger management issues.
he.gif

And to think all your kids are wanting to do is have a little farm and take care of some non-aggresive chicks!!! And can still have no peace doing it! Please keep us posted!!!
fl.gif

you know, this thing with the ducks, my hubby says its because they are wild animals, not farm animals?? I told him, thats just not true, because like I stated before, the are Pekin, and those are raised domestic, always. It makes no sense to me, why they would say such a thing. I think that ducks are much noiser than hens by far, and they are much dirtier too. don't get me wrong, I love them as much, just making a point, as I'm sure you all can agree with me. I really hate these stupid laws. If you could see how this "letter" was written, no date, no nothing, just a run off of some code, then his signature. Our aco's here in Pompano Beach would love nothing better to do, then make an innocent person have to get rid of their animals.
barnie.gif

Quote:
You know, I was just thinking the 4-H thing myself. I could always give it a try, it can't hurt, right? Thanks for the encouragement from everyone. Yes, I'm very devastated! I love my girls to bits, and believe me, they know it too!
wink.png

Best of luck! IDK why some people are so mean. My chickens don't bother anyone and my neighbors say they'd rather me have chickens anyday than a barking dog.

Back
Top Bottom