Announcing A Brand New Buy Sell Auction System!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change is always hard for me. It is still often a good thing. Thank you for working with us all to explain everything. I think that it would be very good if we could do a dutch auction.

Last edited:
Quote:
To clarify, I think Charlie is saying "new" websites are cheap.

I will gladly pay anybody $5,000 if they can legitimately find a way to run BYC (with the amount of visitors and processes / CPU / Memory it uses) for $29.00 a year.
big_smile.png

Send me a pm if you have experience in this area and think you can pull it off.

Quote:
I sell more than 10 and believe me I'm not "rolling" in chicken dough, It cost $$ for their upkeep and its not cheap. Even with what I sale I dont break even, but I love my chickens so I have to do something to support them,I do think if you can afford it, I know some of us have a hard time, but if you can afford it the GFM is a good thing to help keep the site running.

I agree the GFM "helps" pay for the upkeep of the site. But, it certainly wont cover all the costs. Just price out what it cost for one license on the software for the forum. That license is an annual cost by itself. Then there is the bandwith usage for the traffic on the website. Again, just price out what it would cost for a small website. BYC should not have to shoulder the high costs of the website, so we members can post for sale items so we can support our "habit" in our love for our birds.

I have around 40 chickens now, and I know it is not cheap to raise them. I sell my eggs to locals for $1.50 a dozen, and that breaks me even on the price of feed each month. However, this is my ONLY source of income, so I must be able to earn more than just the feed money.

My first sell on here, paid the cost of my annual membership. So, as of now, I am still in the break even stage. Now, I must concentrate on the electric, phone, and internet bill each month. Thats going to amount to about 20 sales a month. The first 10 will be free to list. I dont mind even giving up a 10% cut to BYC on the additional sells each month, as long as I can earn enough to pay the bills, and BYC keeps the headaches of the website running smoothly.

This is my very livelyhood. A surcharge on the sales would be no different than going to the office everyday and drawing a paycheck every week with taxes coming out of it. Actually it will be cheaper.

Let me edit this please: I just used the term rolling in chicken dough as a little pun on words. Yes you can get a FREE website. NOW go get the FREE website, and "FIND" 40,000+ PEOPLE TO VIEW IT EVERY DAY!!!

Last edited:
One more question. Can you save up your auctions? Like I am not selling any more eggs this year. So for the next 6 months I will probably not list any auctions. When I start in the spring again will I have 18 more auctions ready to go, or every month give or take a few days you have to start saving up again?
Thanks.

Just to clarify, there is no surcharge or commission being charged on sales.

Every standard member is guaranteed 3 free auction listings per 30-day period. GFMs will receive 10 free auction listings per 30-day period. Again, no surcharges or fees going back to BYC.

Nifty i should have said that better..persoal web sites are free and or kind of cheap...freewebs is very user friendly to use and templates make things easy for a newbies to use

I Couldn't even imagine the costs to run a site like BYC, which is the largest Poultry site i know of on the world wide web..
clap.gif

I truly don't understand where this "affording a GFM membership" comes from. It costs $1.66 a month, or .38 cents a week. So essentially, it will cost you $1.66 to be able to have 10 auctions a month. Thats .17 cents per auction. If you are unwilling to pay .17 for the privilege of using all the software that Nifty has created, not to mention a captive audience of 40,000 people, then you probably don't need to be using these auctions.

Hi! That's why I've been a contributing member since it was offered. I appreciate the opportunity to offer eggs for sale.

smile.png

Lisa​

Quote:
I have to second Bargains concerns. I value the information found in the feedback section and would appreciate it if somehow that could be kept, basically so I can check feedback before I purchase.

oh please say were are still going to do the 24 and 48 auction in the spring and are they going to count against people. And another question can we make the auction for like 7 day with title read assortment of pure egg and list them in the post and say just pm me what you want do not bid.

Quote:
I have to second Bargains concerns. I value the information found in the feedback section and would appreciate it if somehow that could be kept, basically so I can check feedback before I purchase.

Reading further you wil see Nifty's answer.
smile.png

Quote:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom