Announcing A Brand New Buy Sell Auction System!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry if this has already been discussed, but I am confused as to how this will work well with live bird bids....

For example I am trying to sell 5 Silver Spangled Hamburg chicks. It is very likely that somebody might not want to buy all of them, or that they might like to come out and look at them and then either to decide to take one, all, or decide they don't like them and leave without purchasing.

My question is how this is going to work in an e-bay type buy it now setting. If somebody bids to buy my chicks but they only want one, what do they do?

If somebody wants to come out and look at the birds they might arrange a meeting to see them and in the meantime somebody else might buy them....it seems weird.

My thought is that this auction system would work nicely with hatching eggs and things like incubators, but with live birds it just seems like we should keep it "classified ad style".
I am going to attempt to list my chicks on the new auction format but I am skeptical as to how it will work....maybe I just need to only list them on Craig's list....but I really want to open it up to BYC people.

Perhaps you could do the new auction listings but also have a "classified ad" section for those who are more comfortable with that method?

Quote:
Thanks PC! We had the exact same amount of fear, worry, and frustration when we launched the GFM system / feature and that has worked out really well for the community.

You got the nail on the head... there will be some bugs, kinks, and adjustment, but we do all these things for the betterment of our wonderful community!

Unfortunately minors are not legally bound by contracts.
Craigslist, Ebay and other selling sites do not allow minors to trade.

This is nothing personal, but a legality.

Quote:
LOL, it might be a friendly one, but I'm apparently not smart enough to use it! I keep getting the message "You do not have permission to post here" or something similar when I try to post an auction in the test area.

Guess it's a good thing I don't have anything to sell yet?

For what it's worth, I like the new format, and as I anticipate only occasional sales the GFM would work fine for me.

Quote:
DOH!!!!

My bad! I made a change that broke everything. It is fixed now.
big_smile.png

<it's been a VERY long week and an even longer day>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom