Announcing BYC Golden Feather Memberships

Thanks Terrielacy! I have one question. With all of the pics I have uploaded to BYC I know I am over the limit of a regular member would get. When my time runs out I am not going to pay for a new GFM. So will I still have all the uploaded pics after my time runs out?

Great question Max. If you are a GFM and have a lot of PMs and Images stored on BYC, and then decide not to renew your GFM we'll keep all your stuff as is (i.e., we don't delete anything when it expires). The only thing that happens, is that if you're over your PM and Image storage limits you won't be able to add any more new messages or images to the server until you clear out some PMs and/or images.

NOTE: once you delete images from your account, they are also removed from BYC's servers... this means that if you've used the images anywhere (in the forum, in a BYC page, etc.) then they will be deleted from there too, so be careful which images you delete.

Quote:
Sorry, it is anonymous
wink.png

Quote:
It was also an anonymous gift from another member, not a moderator.
wink.png

It is not forever. I will check your subscription and let you know via PM when it expires.

I would like to know the same thing if possible....how long of a membership it is. And...I know gifting is anonymous but I would really like to return the favor to the person who gifted if they don't already have a membership.
fl.gif

Quote:
Sorry, it is anonymous
wink.png

Quote:
wink.png

It is not forever. I will check your subscription and let you know via PM when it expires.

I would like to know the same thing if possible....how long of a membership it is. And...I know gifting is anonymous but I would really like to return the favor to the person who gifted if they don't already have a membership.
fl.gif

Wow! That was nice of them. I didn't even know someone could do that. Guess I'll have to breakdown and get one myself.

Quote:
Sorry, it is anonymous
wink.png

wink.png

fl.gif

Wow! That was nice of them. I didn't even know someone could do that. Guess I'll have to breakdown and get one myself.

hugs.gif
Thanks Scott!!!!
hugs.gif

A quick note:

Last week we went through the GFM system and found a bug in our Golden Feather Membership tracking system. Unfortunately a few members had GFMs that had expired but didn't receive the 10 day advanced warning, and in some cases the system didn't change their membership status when their GFM expired.

The good news is those peeps got a little extra time as GFMs.
smile.png

Each of those effected were sent an email a week ago with this info:

You can renew your GFM here: http://www.coopedup.net/store/index.php?cPath=40

We
also have a special promotion: Buy 2 one year GFMs (for yourself and/or a friend) and get a FREE 2010 BYC Calendar!

You can also enter any of our contests to win a gift certificate or a free GFM. These include coop contests, incubator contests, trivia contests or submit a breed to BYC. Also, if you submit an article that is approved to SS or TEG you'll get a 3 month GFM for each one.

If you choose not to renew your GFM we still want to thank you for being a great member of our wonderful community and for your GFM support of BYC. GFM's help us keep BYC running and help us with the resources we need to add new features to the site. If your GFM expires your extra images and PM's will remain in your account, but if you're over your standard member limits you won't be able to store new images or PMs until you delete them (note: any images removed from your account will also be deleted from all the pages where they were used, so please delete carefully).

Just in case anybody was effected by this and didn't receive the email mentioned above, I thought I'd post it here.​

Quote:
Just in case anybody was effected by this and didn't receive the email mentioned above, I thought I'd post it here.

I didn't get the email!
gig.gif
Just the surprise this morning!

Back
Top Bottom