Annoying wrap-around shoe ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

FridayYet

Innocent Bystander
11 Years
Mar 3, 2011
The Land of Enchantment
Most of the ads don't bother me, but when they take over the whole top and sides of the page it is really annoying!

Whenever I go to the "getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man" the shoe ads cover everywhere the blue background is on the page - across the top, down both sides, as well as having another ad in the normal right-hand spot.

I'll try to capture a screen shot. Please make it stop!

Thanks.
smile.png

I don't know if you have one or not but an ad-blocker like Ad block plus is pretty awesome, at least I think so. It takes out youtube ads also. I know there are better ones than the one I use, but it was free. A quick google search should find alot of them :)

All ad blockers should be free, and it's best to get them directly through your browser's extension library rather than by Googling.

I currently use uBlock, which is pretty good and supposedly less of a memory hog than Adblock Plus.

Thanks to those that reported this. The "shoe ad" shouldn't have been showing up on BYC and we're working with the peeps in charge of advertising to get it removed.

If you see any ads that you feel aren't appropriate or that you want to report, please read the instructions below and send me the details of the ad via Private Message:

Q: How Can I Turn Off Advertising / Advertisements On The Site? I saw some inappropriate ads, what should I do?
A: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...he-ads-on-the-right-of-the-page#post_10043121

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom