Another GREAT Mt Healthy Review.

RAREROO

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 22, 2009
Alapaha, Ga
Hi

I just ordered from Mt Healthy for the first time this week and I got the Bargain #2 which is 200 excess chicks (usually roos) for $50 ( $79 with shipping)
And I got them in today and they send me 103 Black Giants and 102 Buff Orps and out of all 205 chicks, only ONE DOA. The rest of them look great. So this is a great bargain from what seems to be a great hatchery and when I ordered online, I put the wrong ship date and I called the next day to change it and the lady was super nice and helpful, which was nice after my last dealing with a hatchery was with the snotty people from Privett.

Great Hatchery and I plan to order more in another week or two.

Quote:
Sell some as chicks probably and grow off to sell at the auctions. What do you mean I "got took "???? I know they are probably all roos, I knew that when I bought them. There is a good market here for roosters when you can catch the right time of year to sell them, there is a buyer that fills a cattle trailer full of grown heavy breed roosters and the hispanics like they younger frier sized roos.

I'm glad the chicks got there in good shape, Clint! Sounds like you got a bargain to me. I just checked Townline's prices and the assorted heavy cockerels are $60 for 100. So, 200 would be $120 plus another $40 for shipping to Ga. $160 total.
That $79 looks pretty good to me!

Quote:
Yep, It does sound like a great deal for both sides, great deal for people like me who can sell extra roos pretty easy and great way for the hatchery to get rid of excess roos that might not have been ordered otherwise and they would have had to find other means to get rid of them after they are over a day old and not longer able to be shipped through priority.

In another week or two I'll order some more of these and I'm gonna get some of those Golden Commet hens that we were talking about like yours from them.

I had a good order from them as well. I got 25 free chicks mostly males. They were all males but I'm ok with that. Whatever I don't keep can be raised out and eaten. Roosters are good eating if you get to many anyways
lol.png

I only lost one chick out of 75 or so . Very healthy. Arrived faster then any other hatchery.

Sounds great! Glad you got them in safe and sound. We've had great luck selling roosters this year too. Sold most of our stock after that spell with my heart in early January, only have 9 roosters left (And those I just pulled out of my grow-out pen when I finished culling last week) and around 30 hens left to sell, the roosters sold out first and fastest!

Good luck with them!

I will be getting 29 BR from them in April, if the global economy doesn't collapse before then--and i wonder. 25 pullets and 4 cockerels.

They are maybe one of three hatcheries that still does vent sexing and not feather sexing--contrary to what some on hear like to blurt. Many so called 'professional show breeders', esp. those near Mt. Healthy, say that they are the best place, for quality and size of stock.

But, of course, they do not advertise as sellers of show birds............

look very forward to these birds.

NOW may i ask you, what is a good age to slaughter these 'non cornish x' cockerels you have been speaking of? 13 wks? 16 wks?

thanks, and lets all enjoy our birds

Back
Top Bottom