Another question about angel wing sorry

Brayjj

Chirping
Jun 5, 2018
So, since we are new to geese this year, the term angel wing is new to me, I didn't even know such a things existed. So far everyone seems fine from it. I have a 1 month old, that the feathers are coming in on the tips of the wings, and they seem like they are turning away from her body. I don't know if this is just feather growth as the "wing" itself seems okay, it's more the new feather growth is turning away. Does that happen when feathers grow in or should I just start treating for angel wing? They were getting niacin and i got lazy and forgot, I can start that and the brewers yeast back up. I can try to get a picture tomorrow. This new mama just worries and wants her babies to be fine!
Thanks kindly

Pic please?
My husband emailed me the pic so i could post today. My cell phone isn't the greatest... so this was the best I could do. She holds her wing down, and those feather tips stick out from her body like.
wing.jpeg

If you can get a pic looking at her from the back end then we can tell if the feathers are sticking out like angel wing.
Here you go. Sorry, still not too good. THey both do stick out, the pic may not show what I see though. This JUST started to happen within the past 2 days.Her feathers are just coming in, this is brand new growth.
wing2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom