Another Rodent Population Explosion

centrarchid

Crossing the Road
14 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Holts Summit, Missouri
I am experiencing an outbreak of rodents, mostly White-footed Mice and voles. They are moving into barn in large numbers causing damage quickly. No evidence of breeding. They all over the place, even well away from where chickens are kept. Breeding raptors do not even have to fly far from nest to catch what they need so they are overwhelmed. What I did is do a prescribed burn to expose areas already denuded at ground level by the rodents. Will see if the little guys move out.

I am experiencing an outbreak of rodents, mostly White-footed Mice and voles. They are moving into barn in large numbers causing damage quickly. No evidence of breeding. They all over the place, even well away from where chickens are kept. Breeding raptors do not even have to fly far from nest to catch what they need so they are overwhelmed. What I did is do a prescribed burn to expose areas already denuded at ground level by the rodents. Will see if the little guys move out.

:sick it is tough when they have a population explosion. .. it takes so long for the predators to increase enough to take them out.

Did they show up in the barn after the burn?

Back
Top Bottom