Another Roo Diagnostic...please?

SewingDiva

Songster
12 Years
Aug 31, 2007
Westwood MA, South of Boston
Well, they are 4 weeks old as of July 16 and we only have only three, one EE, one BO and an Austalorp. The BO and the Aulstralrop look like this:

The Austalorp:
3812_img_1812.jpg

The Buff Orpington:
3812_img_1820.jpg

These photos are accurate for color, there is no pink on their combs. What scares me more is that there are little bumps on the backs of their legs.

Ironically, we ordered females. There is no trace of a comb on the EE.

Any insights you can offer? :|

~Phyllis

I'm pretty positive the Australorp is a pullet. My Australorp roo had a very red comb and wattle by that age.

The Orp looks like a pullet also.

Even girls have bumps on their legs. That doesn't tell sex.

When you say "EE" you mean Easter eggers, right? I've not seen this breed in either of the two catalogs I have. What's this breed like? I may need to do some research.

Whew! Now I can sleep tonight.
smile.png

Thank you all SO MUCH! I was nervous there, because like many folks we can't have roos, which is a pity because they are so beautiful.

MsBentleyboy, yes the third girl is an Easter Egger. She is smaller than the other two, and like the hybrid she is she has that sort of barred coloring that many of them have. She also has cheeks muffs and is a real beauty:

3812_img_1818.jpg

She on the bottom of the pecking order, but the other two are so evenly matched they usually leave her alone. She has a lovely distinctive voice too.

Thank you all again!
~Phyllis

Back
Top Bottom