Another Staggered Hatch

GreenGoddess

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 6, 2009
St Pauls, NC
Ok... I know this has been posted so many times but I also know that timing is everything and each hatch/incubator is different...

I am on day 8 for most of my eggs but then I have 15 eggs for the CNY hatch that are a week behind... I've never done a staggered hatch and I only have one incubator... I don't want to drown the second batch but I don't want to dry the first batch either... Right now the humidity is steady at around 35% and temp is right at 100..... I'm not worried about turning since I have them all in egg cartons and just using a 2x4 under the side of the bator to "turn" so that will not be an issue.. I will just continue to do this through the entire time and hatch in the egg cartons as I have done before...

What do I do about humidity with them being a week apart? Getting another incubator as a hatcher is not a possibility.. Do I raise the humidity during lockdown for the first batch and then drop it again when I take them out and wait for the second batch? I was going to raise it to 60%-65%.. Would this still be correct? Do I raise the humidity now to about 50%-55% for the entire hatch and keep it there for the second hatch also? Or is there something else I should do completely different?

I have read so much conflicting information so I wanted to be really clear on what I should do in MY position... If it helps, I have a Hova Bator 2362...

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Quote:
From the information I was able find with situations close to mine, that's what I was thinking but wanted to get feedback before I actually did it... I will go ahead and bump the humidity up a bit today and see how things go... Thanks so much for the quick response!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom