Another strange question...pork and beans?

old biddy

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 30, 2010
Lamont, Florida
Here's another strange question...

I am worming my adult peafowl with safeguard. Most of my birds take it just fine with a bit of cereal or yogurt or even with cottage cheese or cooked rice. But my adult peacock, Rainbow, just turns up his nose at
anything that has Safeguard mixed in with it.

That said, I found out this morning that he absolutely loves our leftover Bush's pork and beans. So I thought I might just mix in his dose of Safeguard in a tablespoon or two of pork and beans. Before I do, though, it occurs to me that since beans give us gas...might it be harmful to peafowl? I checked the internet but found nothing that refers to pork and beans. Go figure. LOL Any thoughts?

Here's another strange question...

I am worming my adult peafowl with safeguard. Most of my birds take it just fine with a bit of cereal or yogurt or even with cottage cheese or cooked rice. But my adult peacock, Rainbow, just turns up his nose at
anything that has Safeguard mixed in with it.

That said, I found out this morning that he absolutely loves our leftover Bush's pork and beans. So I thought I might just mix in his dose of Safeguard in a tablespoon or two of pork and beans. Before I do, though, it occurs to me that since beans give us gas...might it be harmful to peafowl? I checked the internet but found nothing that refers to pork and beans. Go figure. LOL Any thoughts?
There is usually bean meal in poultry feeds. I'd think it would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom