Antibotics for baby goose?

DixieDame67

Songster
12 Years
Jan 13, 2008
Jonesbourgh Tennessee
Still doctoring the abandoned baby goose (Canadian Goose) , I have been daily filling up bathtub and letting it swim , the bad leg i have spoke of in previous post, appears to be bigger at the joint than the other leg ...swimming it LOVES and im hoping that is helping with exercising bad leg, not sure if it was stepped on, got it hung somewhere , never the less i guess mom abandoned it, Question is, should i give it antibotics? what about asprin for the swelling....sorry to ask so many questions i just don't know anything about Goslings, and its so hearty to eat, drink, it's taken up with a banty cochin Roo i think he thinks hes the goslings mother, I have Terramycin but it says NOTHING about Geese....anyone have any other ideas of what i can do to help this sweet lil G???

Dixie

I would avoid antibiotics unless you see obvious infection in the wound, since antibiotics can lead to fungal infections.

If the gosling is able to use the leg and does not appear to be in serious pain I would also hold off on the aspirin.

It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job. Maybe some goose people will chime in.

Thanks for the update! I have been searching for your thread and I had lost it and was wondering about the lil guy! You should post a pic of him swimming in the tub, I bet he's SUPER cute! good luck with him, sorry I can't answer your question, but I hope he does well!
big_smile.png

Here ya go Iowa, more i watch Lil G swim, it looks like a club foot to me , but still yet, he/she is thriving, just adorable ....

[im
LilGswimmin.jpg
g][/img]

i know bad photo my cell phone , digital camera will NOT upload to this laptop....*sigh*

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Aww how sweet! What does it mean if he has club foot? Is that real bad?
hu.gif
I hope not! Meanwhile, you're doing a wonderful job- looks like he
love.gif
's his tub time!

hugs.gif
Best of luck and thanks for trying! You rock!

Back
Top Bottom