Any advice

crazzzymike13

Songster
13 Years
Dec 15, 2007
Texas
I haven't had had a very high hatch rate in my little giant still air foam incubator. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how they use theirs. Do you leave the holes pluged? How much water to you usually use in it? Has anyone ever had a 90% hatch rate? If so please reply.

Mike

Temp needs to be 102f for still air, fill center resorvoir, keep plugs out, do not open lid unless you HAVE too. On day 18 take turner out, fill both resorvoirs and keep lid closed. I have hatched LOTS of birds in mine and it is 12 years old. Make sure you have more than one thermometer DO NOT EVER rely on just one. Make sure you have temp and humidity where you need it to be well in advance of placing eggs. Once you have that regulated, add eggs and DO NOT adjust temp. The temp will fall and then come back up after eggs come to the temp of the bator. Help??

What should my humidity be? A couple days before they hatch do I need to raise the humidity? Thankx for all the information everyone, I sure appreciate it.

Mike

I was told 45-50% for humidity.
smile.png

Hi, I am not having much patience. This is our first hatch and we made a homemade incubator. We have brown eggs and they are difficult to candle. Our eggs seem to have an airspace at the bottom and are dark on the top 2/3rds. it is day 6 and we are wondering if we cooked them. The humidity has been between 45 and 60...we are not good at regulating and our temp has been 5 degrees above or below 98 depending upon whether the light was on. We have a fan too. Has anyone else experienced this and should we risk opening one to see what is going on? Sorry to add this to your question, but this is my first time on the site and I am having difficulty figuring this out. Thanks.

Are you reading temps in a water-weasel-thing, or is that just on a thermom? The reason I ask is that the air temp WILL fluctuate. Take the high and low then average to tell you what your temp is at.

If it's fluctuating that much in some sort of weasel-thing.. well I can't help you there. :eek:

Meghan

Back
Top Bottom