any archery lovers here? (hunting, target and crossbow welcome)

Just remember practice practice practice. My daughter gets mad at me when shooting her compound and I can pick up my selfbow and shoot a target instinctive at 20 yards and haven't shot in months. It is all eye hand coordination. Once built it stays around and 30 years of it lasts a long time. I used to practice shooting as a kid with sandwich bags with a shirt in them at 40 yards and could kill rabbits at 30 yards easily.

But when starting it takes a lot to time to connect all this nerve impulses to shoot very good and consistent. Practice every day, twice a day, just ten shots if its all you have time for.

I love bow hunting!!! I was just looking to start a thread like this. It is bow season here in Maryland now. Started back in September. Yep we have a long season. I currently own a Bow-tech carbon Knight and a Barnett lady Raptor crossbow. I don't shoot the compound much any more do to arthritis.

My goal is to shoot a wall hanger, which is very difficult around here. Not many wall hangers in my area, but we always get pictures of one or two each year.

nice, i don't bow hunt yet. but our season here for archery is pretty much done now. now its muzzle loader then rifle in November. still deciding if i want to use my Kentucky flint lock.

i hope you get your wall hanger this year :)
We have an early muzzleloader from this Thursday to Saturday then Sunday is back to bow again. I feel it’s a little much to have bow season so long but I only get to hint weekends so having Sunday hunt days makes it nice, at last when there isn’t church.

Been shooting compounds for about 30 years. Hunted and shot a lot of 3-d tournaments. But shoulder injuries and age made me give them up 4 years ago.

Went to a crossbow for just hunting now. Barnett quad 400.

Deer season is open. Set a few times no deer sighted yet. But crops are still standing.
i would love to cross bow hunt, but there so expensive here in Canada 500$ plus for a starter bow and there about 1000$ for the good ones.

I'm brand new to compound target archery and hunting. Just got a Genesis Pro for my 18th birthday, not very heavy on the draw so I'm hoping to get in some more target practice before going for squirrels and rabbits!

Our rifle season ends tomorrow, but i can go back to my compound bow till the end of the year. :clap

My husband and son both got nice 8-points last weekend with rifles. Hubby is more interested in pistol hunting now.
sounds awesome, enjoy that deer :)

we can't handgun hunt here in Canada (where only allowed to shoot them at the range)

I love archery im a hunter I shoot recurve and compound i got a triple whitetail deer kill all in five mins this year.

what are your guys thoughts between recurve, longbow and compound.

am thinking of getting a new bow (only one i have is a recurve in 25 lbs) thinking of maybe doing so hunting more for fun right now.

Back
Top Bottom