Any experience with: gurgling, not eating or drinking, runny poo

That's not what I said. I said the vet office I called said they don't see "flock chickens". Whatever that means. They would not see him because he is a part of a flock of which I would eat their eggs. I'm not making this up.

I'm not sure what to tell you... Not drinking, body score of 1, respiratory issue, these are very serious. Syringe feeding fluids is dangerous, so I recommend tubing them instead, but tubing requires one to be able to restrain their bird.

Email the video to the vet that saw him and see what he says.

If he were mine I would weigh him, tube fluids, and start Baytril.

-Kathy

I'm happy to do whatever needs to be. He took some duramycin-10 this morning with water - about half an ounce.

I will make sure he gets fluids and he did seem to return to 70% himself last nights, then after eating, his symptoms came back an hour or so later. I am curious if it's something related to that? A blockage? I will call the vet again today and see if there are any better ideas.

hey y'all, i am a recently turned chicken raiser and i would love some tips on how to keep my babies safe. if you have any information, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom