1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any good tasting cough syrups out there?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Moochie, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    Been sick and I refuse to take a cough syrup that tastes like yuck. Ever since my last terrible cold (not my minor ones) where my mom gave me Nyquil and I threw up and cried from the taste, I haven't taken any cough syrups. I can't even smell that horrible stuff or look at it. I asked my parents to get me this orange flavored cough syrup that I remember from my much earlier ages (8 or 9) and it was yummy. So my dad went to the base and got a Nyquil shaped bottle with medicine in it that was the color orange. I didn't trust it, I smelled it and I said "whoa whoa, are you sure this is orange flavored?" my dad said it doesn't matter and when I took a spoonful of it I cried, cringed, and threw up. I just can't stand nasty medicine, pills don't help much.
    I remember back in 5th grade I had a very similar cold where I missed 3 weeks of school. My mom took me to the doctor and they prescribed this wonderful bubblegum flavored medicine.
    Please help because I hate being sick with a passion? Any ideas on where I can get delicious tasting cough syrups/cold medicines?

2. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

One of the best things to calm a cough is eating a spoonful of pure honey ~ works well and tastes great!

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Most liquid cough meds make me gag, too. I've found the liquigels to be a good solution. You get the fast results of a liquid, but you don't have to taste it. The Mucinex range of products seem to work pretty well, too, and they're in pill form, so less gagworthy.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Have you tried the Nyquil gel capsules? Or any of the other gel caps?

5. MamaPeg

MamaPeg Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2010
    Montana
    Delsym isn't bad. I think it comes in grape and orange.

6. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    What's best for following symptoms?
    Coughing
    Sneezing
    Burning feeling in left nostril (whenever I breathe out)
    Pain in joints/All over body pain
    Feet randomly falling asleep/getting numb
    Feeling cold and hot at the same time (A temp. problem?)
    Drowsiness
    Being weak (I can't stand up or walk around for too long)
    Yeah that's it. It's usually after I eat or drink water is when the burning in my nostril begins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by