Any good tasting cough syrups out there?

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards
Been sick and I refuse to take a cough syrup that tastes like yuck. Ever since my last terrible cold (not my minor ones) where my mom gave me Nyquil and I threw up and cried from the taste, I haven't taken any cough syrups. I can't even smell that horrible stuff or look at it. I asked my parents to get me this orange flavored cough syrup that I remember from my much earlier ages (8 or 9) and it was yummy. So my dad went to the base and got a Nyquil shaped bottle with medicine in it that was the color orange. I didn't trust it, I smelled it and I said "whoa whoa, are you sure this is orange flavored?" my dad said it doesn't matter and when I took a spoonful of it I cried, cringed, and threw up. I just can't stand nasty medicine, pills don't help much.
I remember back in 5th grade I had a very similar cold where I missed 3 weeks of school. My mom took me to the doctor and they prescribed this wonderful bubblegum flavored medicine.
Please help because I hate being sick with a passion? Any ideas on where I can get delicious tasting cough syrups/cold medicines?

Most liquid cough meds make me gag, too. I've found the liquigels to be a good solution. You get the fast results of a liquid, but you don't have to taste it. The Mucinex range of products seem to work pretty well, too, and they're in pill form, so less gagworthy.

Have you tried the Nyquil gel capsules? Or any of the other gel caps?

What's best for following symptoms?
Coughing
Sneezing
Burning feeling in left nostril (whenever I breathe out)
Pain in joints/All over body pain
Feet randomly falling asleep/getting numb
Feeling cold and hot at the same time (A temp. problem?)
Drowsiness
Being weak (I can't stand up or walk around for too long)
Yeah that's it. It's usually after I eat or drink water is when the burning in my nostril begins.

Back
Top Bottom