Any guesses on my flocks different breeds?

chayes04

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2023
First two pics are of one of our girls. She’s big and docile. I’m thinking splash Orpington?

And then I’m wondering about the two in the front of the third pic.
- the black and white one (Sussex?) (lays pinkish eggs)
- the red one (to the right of the other one) (lays light green eggs, possible welsummer x legbar?)

Thanks!

Attachments

• 4A0A9810-5620-4E8E-831F-3E22FEB5EDF9.png
    4A0A9810-5620-4E8E-831F-3E22FEB5EDF9.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
  • D6D895AD-6C9A-4D0A-89BB-AE8A1FE219EB.jpeg
    D6D895AD-6C9A-4D0A-89BB-AE8A1FE219EB.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 3AAD77CF-80BC-4169-8777-89071829C34A.jpeg
    3AAD77CF-80BC-4169-8777-89071829C34A.jpeg
    865.8 KB · Views: 28
Hens - left to right in the bottom picture

Splash Orpington, Light Brahma, crested cream legbar, silkie (white) and I can't see the black one sell enough.

Your orange rooster is a buff orp, and the barred one can't really see him well either, but im guessing maybe a legbar also. Not sure. Some better pics would help 👍

Edit: not a legbar rooster. Curious to see the rest of him though. I also see another roo popping his head up.

Splash Orpington, Light Brahma, crested cream legbar, silkie (white) and I can't see the black one sell enough.

Your orange rooster is a buff orp, and the barred one can't really see him well either, but im guessing maybe a legbar also. Not sure. Some better pics would help 👍

Edit: not a legbar rooster. Curious to see the rest of him though. I also see another roo popping his head up.
The black rooster is also a Silkie! The rooster in the back is also a buff Orpington. We don’t have the 2 buff orps and the barred roosters anymore though.

Very pretty! Hen or roo?
Thank you! It is a pullet hatched last Dec.

Just showed you pic of what she looks like since you were wondering about one of yours being that. I have another one that looks just like this one. They look like Welsummer, but they are Olive Egger cross between Welsummer and Legbar

Thank you! It is a pullet hatched last Dec.

Just showed you pic of what she looks like since you were wondering about one of yours being that. I have another one that looks just like this one. They look like Welsummer, but they are Olive Egger cross between Welsummer and Legbar
I’m a bit stumped on my girl, her name is Moe. Her coloring is similar, but she’s not as dark in the back. Do you see color variation ever with that cross ?

Back
Top Bottom