Any Hawaii Folks on BYC?

who's going to the Ewa bird show??? i really want to check it out but i might be busy that weekend...
hmm.png

Last edited:
Hmm... Well, we are fortunate enough to be too high and covered in lava to worry about mongoose, the stray dogs though are another issue. The run is secure enough to fend off those I think. And until I start breeding I don't have to worry about rats too much either. But thank you all so much for the help! :)

Hey from Aiea, soon to be Moanalua. I have a six week old barred Plymouth rock from Kaneohe feed and a two week old RIR/white leghorn hybrid from Asagi Hatchery. Hope they get along once the little one catches up.

Anyone went to the ewa bird show? How was it? I wasn't able to go.

oh btw, i was wondering if any folks on oahu would like to start a local group that would maybe meet up once a month? i currently take my rooster to kapiolani park a few times a month to get out anyways, he likes going on field trips
tongue.png

Is anyone here actually following that "limit 2 chickens per household" rule?
gig.gif
Just curious. I have a pullet, but I'm getting 2 more chicks from Asagi Hatchery, making my grand total to 3. Lmao

And the minimum of 300 ft from a property line? My lot doesn't even spread that far in any direction you try to measure it at! Really limits the amount of people who can raise chickens, but then again, people still do anyways.

Back
Top Bottom