I have tried this loved it used 1 cup of sourdough left out the yeast

SOURDOUGH BAGEL

1 envelope yeast
1/2 C sourdough
1 C warm water (110) 31/2 C flour
3 Tbl. sugar
3 qts. boiling water
2 tsp salt 1 egg beaten

In a bowl, combine yeast, warm water, sugar, salt, starter, and 21/2 C of the flour. Beat on medium speed with dough hook or electric mixer until dough pulls from sides of bowl, about 5 minutes. With dough hook or heavy spoon, gradually beat in 1 more C flour. Turn onto a floured board and kneed, adding flour if required, until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Turn dough over in a greased bowl to coat all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down and cut into 12 equal pieces; form each piece into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let rest 15 minutes. Poke a hole in the center of each piece and stretch until hole is about 3 inches in diameter. Arrange, 2 inches apart, on two 12x15 inch greased baking sheets. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand until puffy, about 20 minutes. In a 5-6 quart kettle, bring 3 quarts of water to boiling. Carefully lift bagels off baking sheet with a wide metal spatula and drop, 3 at a time, into water. Boil until puffy, about 1 minute per side. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly of paper towels. Arrange bagels, slightly apart, on the same baking sheets and brush tops with beaten egg. Bake in a 375° oven until tops are golden brown, about 20 min. Serve warm; or cool, cover, refrigerate overnight (freeze to store longer, then thaw wrapped). If cold, split and toast.

Yesterday I made Chicken Marsala for the 1st time. It was pretty good but now I have at least 1/2 of a bottle of Marsala left over. Does anyone have a good recipe or two that calls for Marsala?

Back
Top Bottom