Any Home Bakers Here?

Folks, I'm looking for advice. I just had an interesting conversation with one of DWs co-workers. She bakes cakes and other stuff for direct sale on the side. We've given her a few dozen of our eggs just because we had extra. She pays $0.99 at wally world for eggs but just offered $2.50/doz with a commitment of at least a dozen per week for our eggs.

My eggs sell for $5.00/doz if I meet you or $4.50 if you pickup. Breaking into the market is a hard thing to do. I've been offering those who buy organic eggs from wally world a free dozen if they bring me the carton, because mine are so much better. Still slow going.

After talking with this lady, I'm thinking there are a lot of home bakers in my area who sell direct or at farmers markets. Trying to figure out how to find them. I'm thinking offer them a few dozen eggs for free to get them away from wally world...

All your thoughts and suggestions are welcome... Getting about a thousand eggs per month right now. That includes chicken, duck and turkey eggs. Funnily enough, the home baker who we've been giving eggs to doesn't want duck as they "complicate" her recipes. Most bakers prefer duck?!?
Are they a sweeter richer egg?
$2.50 a dozen is too low. Backyard eggs are much better than the 99cent a dozen eggs.
I can barely get a dollar for mine...

My mother and her friends are quilters.I make them custom tables that recess sewing machine so that sewing machine table is flush with work table. I also make them different plexiglass jigs for cutting fabric.
After reading this post I think I will start asking for pies as payment

Last edited:
My mother and her friends are quilters.I make them custom tables that recess sewing machine so that sewing machine table is flush with work table. I also make them different plexiglass jigs for cutting fabric.
After reading this post I think I will start asking for pies as payment

Pies (or quilts) make good payments!

Back
Top Bottom