Any Home Bakers Here?

I made the lasagna and desert yesterday so we could spend today playing. It is all better the next day so it should work out.
We did not get back as early as I wanted to, so it is still warming up enough to reheat.
It will be a late dinner.
Might not get to the tiramisu until breakfast.
But, oh well.

We went to see Ant Man. I loved it. He is my new favorite Marvel hero.

I made the lasagna and desert yesterday so we could spend today playing. It is all better the next day so it should work out.
We did not get back as early as I wanted to, so it is still warming up enough to reheat.
It will be a late dinner.
Might not get to the tiramisu until breakfast.
But, oh well.

We went to see Ant Man. I loved it. He is my new favorite Marvel hero.

Oooh, lasagna...that sounds wonderful. And tiramisu for breakfast will be good!

Found fresh caught wild Sockeye Salmon on sale at Publix today…grilled it with Maple syrup glaze ( a Paula Deen recipe)…so, so good. Gonna go back and stock up for the freezer if they have any left :)

I love Publix, it's my favorite grocery store. Nice dinner @sunflour !

Hi @Zeil , that's not one I've ever made. Just wondering, if the batter is really dense, would making small loaves bake better than the big loaves?

(I'm a pumpkin bread fan myself.)

Hi @Zeil
, that's not one I've ever made. Just wondering, if the batter is really dense, would making small loaves bake better than the big loaves?

(I'm a pumpkin bread fan myself.)

I think I actually need to sit it lower in my oven, gas ovens tend to have and exceptionally hot top rack.

Post the recipe--

Guess is that the temperature is too high. One recipe is to cook at 325 for 70 minutes.

I'm cooking at that but the outside is burning before the inside is cooked, I think it needs to be lower in the oven, or on an ven lower temp, but I can never work that out.
My mother can, but then she learnt to cook on a wood fire oven.

I'm cooking at that but the outside is burning before the inside is cooked, I think it needs to be lower in the oven, or on an ven lower temp, but I can never work that out.
My mother can, but then she learnt to cook on a wood fire oven.

Wow, hat's off to your mother being able to cook on a wood fire oven! I always thought it was a bit of a miracle that people could bake that way...temperature regulation has to be very tricky.

Back
Top Bottom