Any Home Bakers Here?

I worked today. I normally don’t work Monday’s. I made the cupcakes last night and put them on the deck to freeze. I made the frosting when I got home tonight. It takes awhile for that as you have to make a rue and let it cool down. I didn’t do any fancy sprinkles or anything. They were in the fridge already and I was too lazy to take them back out so not a great picture.
View attachment 1684387

It has 1lb velveeta cheese cut in small chunks or 1lb grated american cheese, 1lb hamburger fried and seasoned with italian seasoning, minced dried garlic and black pepper and then cooled, 1 can grated spam and 1 standard jar spaghetti sauce. Mix all together and put on any kind of bread or bun and bake at 400* 15-20 minutes.
View attachment 1684392

It has Spam in it, my husband is going to LOVE it :gig

Do you cook it on the bun? Serve open faced?

It has Spam in it, my husband is going to LOVE it :gig

Do you cook it on the bun? Serve open faced?
Yes to both. You’d never know there’s Spam in them as the spaghetti sauce disguises it. My husband had these when he was about 10 years old at a friends place and thought it was carrots. :gigCheck them at 15 minutes to see how done they are. I like mine a little crispy so I cook mine longer.

Yes to both. You’d never know there’s Spam in them as the spaghetti sauce disguises it. My husband had these when he was about 10 years old at a friends place and thought it was carrots. :gigCheck them at 15 minutes to see how done they are. I like mine a little crispy so I cook mine longer.

Thanks DMC! I bookmarked the recipe. We are definitely trying this next week when the boys are here. If it's pizza, or remotely related the boys will usually eat it.

When we were growing up, we got to pick the supper on our birthday. Our requests were quite diverse.
Oldest sister - hamburgers with mac & cheese on the side
sister #2 - Breakfast for supper - French Pancakes with bacon/sausage
Me - Grandmas Baked Beans & Ham
Sister #3 - spaghetti @ meat sauce. (with a small glass of white wine after she hit 10 years old)
Sister #4 - PIZZA BURGERS!!

Mom still makes pizza burgers for her when she comes home to visit, she lives in Northern California now.
I don't like them much so I am not even sure how to make them. They are actually burgers stuffed with mozzerella cheese and gunk...

When we were growing up, we got to pick the supper on our birthday. Our requests were quite diverse.
Oldest sister - hamburgers with mac & cheese on the side
sister #2 - Breakfast for supper - French Pancakes with bacon/sausage
Me - Grandmas Baked Beans & Ham
Sister #3 - spaghetti @ meat sauce. (with a small glass of white wine after she hit 10 years old)
Sister #4 - PIZZA BURGERS!!

Mom still makes pizza burgers for her when she comes home to visit, she lives in Northern California now.
I don't like them much so I am not even sure how to make them. They are actually burgers stuffed with mozzarella cheese and gunk...
You should make the Vietnamese meat balls that are in the pho recipe I posted recently...I hope it was on this thread!

Just finished making up 3 loaves of banana nut bread. One for DH who leaves for Casper in a bit, one for his helper and one for the house (guess that's me!).

Banana Brd Feb 2019.JPG

Back
Top Bottom