Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi @sunflour , I see I'm not the only early bird this morning. What's for breakfast?
lol.png
Sorry, missed the post yesterday.

I rarely eat breakfast, but actually did have French Toast and of course it was made with fresh eggs yesterday …
droolin.gif
. I prefer mine plain, no syrup or toppings.

Sorry, missed the post yesterday.

I rarely eat breakfast, but actually did have French Toast and of course it was made with fresh eggs yesterday …
droolin.gif
. I prefer mine plain, no syrup or toppings.

That's funny...we had French Toast this morning! Must be that "great minds" thing, lol.

@NorthFLChick can't sleep have a house full of guys gaming on their 'putes - already made huge dinner but thinking will make mealie corn) flap jacks with crispy bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. DH bought me a coffe machine that takes 'pods' so on for Capucchino in the morning - if I survve the night...
smile.png

@NorthFLChick can't sleep have a house full of guys gaming on their 'putes - already made huge dinner but thinking will make mealie corn) flap jacks with crispy bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. DH bought me a coffe machine that takes 'pods' so on for Capucchino in the morning - if I survve the night...
smile.png
Use ear plugs!

smile.png

Be strong @whoop whoop , you'll make it, lol.

We were talking about pumpkin bread here the other day and I just couldn't resist...made it up this morning and we've already eaten 1/2 of a loaf. The 2nd loaf is safe (for now) in the freezer.

smile.png

We had to buy a second gaming station here, so I can join in on the gaming.

Ever made your own dried bread crumbs?

Yesterday was making another Eggplant Parmesan and didn't have enough bread crumbs. Too late to go to buy them. So googled and found several "recipes". I made them from wheat bread.

Will be freezing my left over stale breads for the future instead of throwing them in the compost.

Would be nice to make ahead, but could only find reports that soft bread crumbs could be frozen, but not the dried ones. Any idea on how to store and shelf life of homemade dried ones?

Likely y'all experienced bakers already have done this but for those who have not, this is what I did:

Cut bread in 1/2-1 inch pieces, placed in one layer on a baking sheet pan, baked at 250 degrees - turned and checked ever 10 minutes - took 30 min in my oven to completely dry. Let cool 5-10 minutes, placed in ziplock bag and used rolling pin to pulverize them.

All I had was fresh wheat bread and I think stale would take less time to dry in oven.

@NorthFLChick GA Elberta peaches are available
wee.gif
Hoping to get some today.

Unfortunately the major packing companies don't grow these anymore so no one but locals can get them and there's only one farm I know of that still has the originals.

Back
Top Bottom