Any Home Bakers Here?

winters are cold and long--and then there's the fifth season just before spring--Mud Season.
It is pretty up there, though--especially the fall. Congrats on raising him smart, ambitious, and not afraid to wander from the nest!

winters are cold and long--and then there's the fifth season just before spring--Mud Season.
It is pretty up there, though--especially the fall. Congrats on raising him smart, ambitious, and not afraid to wander from the nest!
x2 @3goodeggs !

And yes, it's tough but you're doing the right thing by giving him wings.
hugs.gif

Thanks.
My husband and I are planning on keeping busy doing things that are fun as well as ambitious, so...we'll see how we hold up.

We watched marvel movies and ate popcorn all day.
NFC, we still want to see ravine gardens before he leaves, so be prepared for the first Thursday without lightning we are calling you up.
Byc-ers-assemble.
big_smile.png

Thanks.
My husband and I are planning on keeping busy doing things that are fun as well as ambitious, so...we'll see how we hold up.

We watched marvel movies and ate popcorn all day.
NFC, we still want to see ravine gardens before he leaves, so be prepared for the first Thursday without lightning we are calling you up.
Byc-ers-assemble.
big_smile.png

PM coming your way!

Hi @sunflour , I see I'm not the only early bird this morning. What's for breakfast?
lol.png

@NorthFLChick

Butternut soup with coconut cream

Sweat down three chopped leeks, bunch parsley, three sticks celery with a large spoon of butter.. When it is soft add large peeled diced butternut and cover with chicken stock - add two sweet potatoes chopped - when everything is all soft and thickenned up whisk/blend. Put back in saucepan and add coconut cream - add little by little till the flavour is right - too much and its too coconutty season with salt and pepper.

Serve with tablespoon dry sherry in middle with chopped chives on top. I make garlic and parsley crutons with olive oil baked in the oven using cut up ciabatta - really scrummy nice and warming.

For the summer and as a cold soup I use orange juice instead of coconut also good..

@NorthFLChick

Butternut soup with coconut cream

Sweat down three chopped leeks, bunch parsley, three sticks celery with a large spoon of butter.. When it is soft add large peeled diced butternut and cover with chicken stock - add two sweet potatoes chopped - when everything is all soft and thickenned up whisk/blend. Put back in saucepan and add coconut cream - add little by little till the flavour is right - too much and its too coconutty season with salt and pepper.

Serve with tablespoon dry sherry in middle with chopped chives on top. I make garlic and parsley crutons with olive oil baked in the oven using cut up ciabatta - really scrummy nice and warming.

For the summer and as a cold soup I use orange juice instead of coconut also good..

@whoop whoop that sounds delicious! I love soup, have to add this one to my "try it" list for when the weather starts to cool down. Thank you so much for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom