1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Home Bakers Here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by N F C, Aug 30, 2014.

1. cheepteach

cheepteach Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2015
    NY
    winters are cold and long--and then there's the fifth season just before spring--Mud Season.
    It is pretty up there, though--especially the fall. Congrats on raising him smart, ambitious, and not afraid to wander from the nest!

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    x2 @3goodeggs !

And yes, it's tough but you're doing the right thing by giving him wings. [​IMG]

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Thanks.
    My husband and I are planning on keeping busy doing things that are fun as well as ambitious, so...we'll see how we hold up.

We watched marvel movies and ate popcorn all day.
    NFC, we still want to see ravine gardens before he leaves, so be prepared for the first Thursday without lightning we are calling you up.
    Byc-ers-assemble.
    [​IMG]

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    PM coming your way!

5. Poka Doodle

Poka Doodle Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2015
    Colorado
    Hey, all with the east coast weather, I don't feel so bad for you, Colorado has a bunch of mud, snow, and a ton, literally of rain

6. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Will do. Actually the pumpkin "cake" recipe recommends a cream cheese icing, but the cake disappeared before icing :) Next time will make sure got some cream cheese on hand.

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi @sunflour , I see I'm not the only early bird this morning. What's for breakfast? [​IMG]

8. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    @NorthFLChick

Butternut soup with coconut cream

Sweat down three chopped leeks, bunch parsley, three sticks celery with a large spoon of butter.. When it is soft add large peeled diced butternut and cover with chicken stock - add two sweet potatoes chopped - when everything is all soft and thickenned up whisk/blend. Put back in saucepan and add coconut cream - add little by little till the flavour is right - too much and its too coconutty season with salt and pepper.

Serve with tablespoon dry sherry in middle with chopped chives on top. I make garlic and parsley crutons with olive oil baked in the oven using cut up ciabatta - really scrummy nice and warming.

For the summer and as a cold soup I use orange juice instead of coconut also good..

2 people like this.
  9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @whoop whoop that sounds delicious! I love soup, have to add this one to my "try it" list for when the weather starts to cool down. Thank you so much for sharing!

10. Poka Doodle

Poka Doodle Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2015
    Colorado
    I am tired and have a lot of chicken stuff to post about, I will post about my cake later

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by