Any Home Bakers Here?

Hey, let me tell you what my grandfather taught me while we were cooking the fish. It's great baking advice.

He told me that fish cooks really fast, so you got to cook it at the right time so everything is ready at the same time.

Also, keep it on the heat so that way it's warm when you serve it.

He told me to cook the fillets meat side down first, then cook them skin side down come out so that way you're not flipping them twice, and that when it's done, you can just slide it onto a plate.

We cooked the fillets, seasoned it, and it was good fish.

To be honest, I failed to get a picture. Oh well!

Jared

View attachment 1806436

@N F C I made the hummingbird cake last night, I couldn't sleep due to a nap yesterday afternoon. I'll be frosting it this morning after the butter and cream cheese soften.
I toasted the pecans too.

It smelled like heaven in the house when I went to bed. :drool
Looks great!

Yeah, I would have gone for one of those but they're excluded: :(
The following items are excluded from offer:
All appliances and their attachments/accessories
Thermapen
Cookbooks (except the following: The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion; The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion; King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking; The King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook, and The Original King Arthur Flour Cookbook)
Gift cards
Recipe Bundles
Sets
Multi-packs
Baking Box
Sift Magazine
King Arthur Flour Baking School classes
Baker's Rewards Plus membership
Too bad about the Thermapen! I want one but the are a bit pricey

My niece got a lesson in baking today. She did very well.
F7771FB4-6A5F-4930-B05C-26BE1B49416C.jpeg 8BDD51D7-B79F-4DA0-A9D6-31899D3EE5FB.jpeg A6BF0841-B2F8-4064-8456-337A58C64119.jpeg

Nice! Looks like she did a good job (I know she had a good teacher):thumbsup. Are you going to teach her how to decorate too?

Those cookie scoops are great, love the 3 I have :D
Thanks Debby:hugsI told her next time she comes we will do cupcakes. She’s a smart little girl and eager to learn. My favorite scoop broke. The one she used was almost too small.
View attachment 1807370

That is very nice of you!
Thanks Ron:hugs

Back
Top Bottom