I'd like to see your recipe Val!
Hot Buttered Rum Batter

1 lb butter
1 lb brown sugar
1 lb confectioners sugar
1 qt vanilla ice cream, softened
1 TB ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Blend in brown sugar and confectioners sugar. Remove from heat and whisk in the ice cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour mixture into a plastic container, seal and freeze. It can be kept in the freezer up to 3 months.

To serve, in a coffee mug, measure 1 TB of batter and 1 fluid oz of rum, then fill cup with boiling water. Stir and top it off with a sprinkle of nutmeg.

Hi everyone:frow

I made a couple loaves of bread yesterday. This is the prettiest loaf I've made so far, after cooling I sliced and put in the freezer with a piece of waxed paper between so the slices don't stick together. We'll see how that works
View attachment 1969140

I bought too many yams so I'm making these sweet potato biscuits after work today
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sweet-potato-biscuits-with-honey-butter/

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Stay safe and warm.
That's a good looking loaf of bread. Great idea using wax paper to keep the slices from sticking together. I wonder if parchment would work for that.

Hot Buttered Rum Batter

1 lb butter
1 lb brown sugar
1 lb confectioners sugar
1 qt vanilla ice cream, softened
1 TB ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Blend in brown sugar and confectioners sugar. Remove from heat and whisk in the ice cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour mixture into a plastic container, seal and freeze. It can be kept in the freezer up to 3 months.

To serve, in a coffee mug, measure 1 TB of batter and 1 fluid cup of rum, then fill cup with boiling water. Stir and top it off with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
I fixed it for you. :thumbsup

IM....THE BREAD RECIPE. Did it make two loaves. Recipe Please.
Thanks Aria

Yes ma'am, 2 loaves. Here's the recipe:

2 c milk, scalded, cool to lukewarm
1 T butter
5.5 to 6.5 c flour, this is enough for the bread and to sprinkle on your kneading surface with some left over in my experience.
1 pkt yeast
1/4 c lukewarm water
2 T sugar
2 t salt

Scald milk and add butter to melt. I add the sugar and salt to the milk mixture to dissolve while the yeast dissolves in the water and then dump in the yeast mixture and let it sit a couple minutes while I weigh flour. Then add flour a cup at a time until mixed enough to manage kneading and then work in more flour as necessary during that process.
Let rise, punch down and knead about 10 times, divide in half, put into greased pans and let rise again. Then bake 20 minutes at 400*

I cook by feel, sight and taste and have found ambient humidity has an impact on how much flour I use so I don't have exact amounts but that's the range given in this recipe.
Enjoy!

Yes ma'am, 2 loaves. Here's the recipe:

2 c milk, scalded, cool to lukewarm
1 T butter
5.5 to 6.5 c flour, this is enough for the bread and to sprinkle on your kneading surface with some left over in my experience.
1 pkt yeast
1/4 c lukewarm water
2 T sugar
2 t salt

Scald milk and add butter to melt. I add the sugar and salt to the milk mixture to dissolve while the yeast dissolves in the water and then dump in the yeast mixture and let it sit a couple minutes while I weigh flour. Then add flour a cup at a time until mixed enough to manage kneading and then work in more flour as necessary during that process.
Let rise, punch down and knead about 10 times, divide in half, put into greased pans and let rise again. Then bake 20 minutes at 400*

I cook by feel, sight and taste and have found ambient humidity has an impact on how much flour I use so I don't have exact amounts but that's the range given in this recipe.
Enjoy!
Thanks for the Recipe!

Back
Top Bottom