Any Home Bakers Here?

Hot Buttered Rum Batter

1 lb butter
1 lb brown sugar
1 lb confectioners sugar
1 qt vanilla ice cream, softened
1 TB ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Blend in brown sugar and confectioners sugar. Remove from heat and whisk in the ice cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour mixture into a plastic container, seal and freeze. It can be kept in the freezer up to 3 months.

To serve, in a coffee mug, measure 1 TB of batter and 1 fluid oz of rum, then fill cup with boiling water. Stir and top it off with a sprinkle of nutmeg.

That looks so good! I'd take one now if I had ice cream :D

Thank you for sharing the recipe Val!

Not baking anything lately but my corner fruit truck has a veggie I have never seen before and was hopefull someone with experience with preparing it vegan might have a good recommendation for its preparation it is called Chayote it is a green wrinkly looking pear.
It is a squash. Prepare it similarly. there are some Hispanic recipes for it that I have seen.

It is very good in soup

Not baking anything lately but my corner fruit truck has a veggie I have never seen before and was hopefull someone with experience with preparing it vegan might have a good recommendation for its preparation it is called Chayote it is a green wrinkly looking pear.

Hi, welcome to the baker's thread...where we do a lot more than just bake! :)

Back
Top Bottom