Any Home Bakers Here?

Don't know about other flavors…but never liked eggnog til I tasted this. Have some in fridge…It's all I can do not to guzzle it…but saving for holiday.

If you prefer spiked eggnog, have you tried. Evan Williams? A little too much booze for me, so I use 1/2 evans + !/2 Southern comfort brand…A great nite cap.
love.gif

I meant regular eggnog and coffee! Lol!
That does sound like a real day off though, on vacation in a couple weeks, might make the morning news more interesting!

LOL, I was talking about regular eggnog in the coffee too! Alcohol makes my husband fall asleep, gotta keep that man working you know.

Feel free to try out the spiked version while you're on vacation and give us a report back on how that made your day go.
lol.png

I had no idea a little eggnog recipe would bring out all the boozy ideas. I think I'm seeing a new side to you bakers!
bun.gif

(I always wondered what was in this guy's coffee cup
caf.gif
...now I know, it's spiked eggnog!

I was having trouble locating it, so I looked up pics, it was Southern Comfort Traditional nog. I think it was the vanilla I had. Just read a review on it and they said would work great for french toast, now that sounds good!

A friend of mine bought the booze Evan Williams last year and subbed it for regular eggnog in a bread pudding..It was horrible and the cost of the EW $$$ was a waste.

But bet the non alcoholic vanilla spice one would be fantastic.

I love bread pudding.. Made it a few times from the Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon bread…oh, so tasty. Don't know if I kept the recipe…gotta find that one.

Uh, I guess I'm the only one who can't stand eggnog!
1f631.png
1f637.png
1f616.png
But that's more for all you eggnog people out there!

I'm the only one that likes it in our family, so I only buy a quart at a time.
I haven't tried it on our youngest though he's only two, and likes everything dad does.
I made turkey neck and gibblets egg drop soup a couple weeks ago for myself, good thing I made a big bowl full. The boy kept saying he wanted some so I gave him a piece of gizzard and mom says 'eww youre eating chicken guts' he laughed and ate some more, I had to give him his own bowl.

I doubt I would like that brand of eggnog. It's the "nog" taste and the thick texture that I can't stand. Anything about eggnog is pretty bad to me. I don't even like the eggnog taffies, and I just love anything taffy.

Eggnog must fall in the same category as fruitcake...people either love it or hate it.

As for fruitcake, my parents used to order one every year from some company in TX and I loved that one (and only that one). Can't remember the name of the bakery but the cake came in a metal tin with a cowboy on the front. It was full of pecans and just a bit of fruit. Now that was delicious fruitcake!

Back
Top Bottom