Any Home Bakers Here?

Here's the snowman chocolate wrapped and unwrapped. Obviously I had to eat the unwrapped one.

Are local apple festival has amazing apple dumplings for sale at the apple orchard every year. They don't look pretty, but then they put whipped cream on top. Mmmm! That's the only time I have ever had them and they were amazing. And yummy chocolate! On Monday I took my son and his friend to are friends chocolate shop. My husband use to work there. My son had been there, but his friend never has. It's just where they make it, they don't sell it there. They got to see it made and we were sent home with two bags of chocolate... not like we needed any! Lol. The name of the place is Sjaaks chocolates. Jacques (the owner) was are landlord and lived right next to us for the first three years of my sons life, so my son loves him. He makes these amazing snowman chocolates with dark chocolate and peanut butter toffee filling. I wait all year for them! So my bag was full of snowmen!
The snowmen sound delicious! I think ideally you eat apple dumpings with either whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, but we didn't have any on hand so just ate them plain. Still delicious though!

The snowmen sound delicious!  I think ideally you eat apple dumpings with either whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, but we didn't have any on hand so just ate them plain.  Still delicious though!

They looked super yummy! We use to do baked apples with brown sugar and a little butter when I was young. Thy were super yummy too.

I've always wanted to try a baked apple. Brown sugar and butter sounds even better, I might need to convince my mom to get more apples... she's always happy to oblige when we want fruit or I want to bake.
big_smile.png

I've always wanted to try a baked apple.  Brown sugar and butter sounds even better, I might need to convince my mom to get more apples... she's always happy to oblige when we want fruit or I want to bake.  :D

They are really yummy. I have t done them as an adult, but my mom use to hallow out the core and then just pack in brown sugar and put a dab of butter on top. Part way through baking she would take them out and spoon the juices around the apple back inside. They were really yummy.

I made pumpkin bread yesterday. This is an old family favorite, thought you may enjoy it too.

Pumpkin Bread

2/3 Cup shortening
2 2/3 Cup sugar
4 eggs
1 can pure pack pumpkin
2/3 Cup water
3 1/3 Cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 Cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees
Grease 2 9x5" loaf pans.
Cream together shortening & sugar
Stir in eggs, pumpkin & water
Blend in remaining ingredients
Pour into loaf pans
Bake about 60-70 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean

*This makes 2 large 9x5" loaves, very moist, great spread with cream cheese or butter & freezes well.

I made pumpkin bread yesterday. This is an old family favorite, thought you may enjoy it too.

Pumpkin Bread

2/3 Cup shortening
2 2/3 Cup sugar
4 eggs
1 can pure pack pumpkin
2/3 Cup water
3 1/3 Cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 Cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees
Grease 2 9x5" loaf pans.
Cream together shortening & sugar
Stir in eggs, pumpkin & water
Blend in remaining ingredients
Pour into loaf pans
Bake about 60-70 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean

*This makes 2 large 9x5" loaves, very moist, great spread with cream cheese or butter & freezes well.

Looks so tasty.

Thanks sunflour! We enjoy it so much that I stock up on pumpkin this time of year while it's on sale so that way we can have it any time. We've always thought it was better than banana bread. When my dad was alive, I always had to have several loaves of this made up for our visits, he liked it so much, especially with a schmear of cream cheese.

Back
Top Bottom