Any Home Bakers Here?

I was just looking at a wall oven that had all of that! true convection, microwave and microwave crisp.

It is pricey though!

https://www.costco.com/kitchenaid-30"-electric-wall-oven-with-even-heat---true-convection-and-built-in-microwave-with-crispwave-microwave-technology.product.100500435.html
Fancy, Dancy,......I have a Wall Oven Westinghouse....I really do not remember ...guess 35 years old and it is baking great a LOT. Love it. The company still in business? Aria

Kitchen Aid....makes FINE refrigerators. My sister had one. She decided to purchase a Kitchen Aid OVEN. She had many problems. She told Kitchen Aid stick to making refrigerators. I would NOT want one appliance that does so many things. I want an Oven, A Microwave etc. more parts...perhaps more problems. Just my choice. Aria

Don’t feel bad. We all made mistakes while cooking at least once in our lives. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. Learning is a process, and sometimes you make mistakes along the way, but those mistakes help you learn.

What would happen if you made a dish perfectly the first time?

I can testify to this, as it’s happened at least two times in my life. I didn’t learn much about making dish. Because I did it right the first time, I didn’t really have much of a learning experience.

There are plenty of dishes that I’ve made where I screwed up, sometimes the entire meal. In those experiences, I feel I learned the most.

The first time I cooked a Canada goose, I failed to the fat out of the carcass. I was about ready to give up on cooking goose, and goose hunting in full. However, I learned from the experience after some research told me you have to render the fat.

The very next season, I learned how to cook a goose perfectly. All because of a mistake I made that taught me something.

Thomas Edison, the man who invented the incandescent lamp, failed several times to make it successfully. When he finally succeeded, he said that he discovered 1000 ways not to make one.

In a nutshell, don’t feel bad. Mistakes help us learn, that’s what they are there for.
Thank you :)
I've never cooked a goose. Now I have to ask questions again. How do you remove the fat and what part of the body?

My most embarrassing time was having a lady of importance in my life come over to dinner, who I wanted to impress. Her favourite meat was pork, not one of my choice of meats so I've only cooked it a few times. I prepared the vegetables and marinated the pork with herbs then placed it into the oven with potatoes but someone turned up at my door, instead of turning on my cooker I immediately went to answer the caller. My visitor arrives and thinking I had switched on the oven I continued too cook the vegetables to my horror as I was serving up I discovered I had not cooked the meat at all:thWe were so hungry it just ruined the day, Oh the embarrassment.
Do you own a Dutch oven? Debby's refrigerator recipe works well for this. It's an extremely shaggy dough.
No, I'll look into a Dutch oven, I have a slow cooker and prefer lidded dishes to bake. What's a shaggy dough? :)

Last edited:
2EA55B28-5D12-4B93-A345-220CE18CD54A.jpeg

this is a bear ham. After cutting off all the fat, it was about 7 pounds. I think I over brined it on accident. As you can see, it’s turning kind of brownish, more like a dark dark red. mostly on the sides.

Did I over brine it?

I've never cooked a goose. Now I have to ask questions again. How do you remove the fat and what part of the body?

My most embarrassing time was having a lady of importance in my life at the time come to dinner, her favourite meat was pork, not mine and only cooked it a few times. So prepared the vegetables and marinated the pork with herbs then placed into the oven with potatoes but someone turned up at my door, instead of turning on my cooker I immediately went to answer it. Thinking I had switched on the oven I continued too cook the vegetables just before my visitor arrived to my horror as I was serving up I discovered I had not cooked the meat at all:thWe were so hungry it just ruined the day, Oh the embarrassment.

No, I'll look into a Dutch oven, I have a slow cooker and prefer lidded dishes to bake. What's a shaggy dough? :)

Well, sometimes I cook the whole goose, sometimes I cook just the breasts, but either way, getting out the fat is the same. You just got off the fat, as much as you can, and poke holes in the skin. Cook it for a set temperature, so the fat can render out while cooking.

on October 19, duck and goose actually opens up. Maybe I’ll post an instructional video for everyone here on how I prepare and cook and eat a goose.

My most embarrassing time was having a lady of importance in my life at the time come to dinner, her favourite meat was pork, not mine and only cooked it a few times. So prepared the vegetables and marinated the pork with herbs then placed into the oven with potatoes but someone turned up at my door, instead of turning on my cooker I immediately went to answer it. Thinking I had switched on the oven I continued too cook the vegetables just before my visitor arrived to my horror as I was serving up I discovered I had not cooked the meat at all:thWe were so hungry it just ruined the day, Oh the embarrassment.

I am sure others could describe it better....wet and NOT smooth. Just mixed slightly. NOT Kneaded...most Artisan Breads are like that. In fact I have a Champlain Sourdough rising at this time. Today, I made the Sourdough Champlain Bread and will be making two Raisin Breads. Aria

Well, sometimes I cook the whole goose, sometimes I cook just the breasts, but either way, getting out the fat is the same. You just got off the fat, as much as you can, and poke holes in the skin. Cook it for a set temperature, so the fat can render out while cooking.

on October 19, duck and goose actually opens up. Maybe I’ll post an instructional video for everyone here on how I prepare and cook and eat a goose.
YES, my husband hunts and he brought home a Duck. I did not cook it correctly. It was BAD. I am not fond of cooking Duck and NEVER cooked Goose. Info would be nice. Aria

Back
Top Bottom