Any Home Bakers Here?

Swiss

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
SW Michigan
These just came out of the oven:
5CA324E1-F671-4147-A5D7-ECCB34C2033D.jpeg

These are the first of a few days of baking (I need to get more flour first). I'm trying to get the freezer stocked up, and enough baked to give some to my grandparents.
Am I correct in assuming the one at the bottom of the picture bubbled out because my cuts didn't start far enough down?

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
View attachment 2380558
These are the first of a few days of baking (I need to get more flour first). I'm trying to get the freezer stocked up, and enough baked to give some to my grandparents.
Am I correct in assuming the one at the bottom of the picture bubbled out because my cuts didn't start far enough down?
Beautiful bread!

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
View attachment 2380558
The look so tasty!

wyoDreamer

Free Ranging
Nov 10, 2010
NE Wisconsin
View attachment 2380558
I think you just had a large bubble of air trapped in the dough there. Did you take a rectangle of dough and roll it into the loaf shape? Most of the time when I get a bubble out like that, there is a big void/air bubble in the dough from trapped air.

Swiss

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
SW Michigan
I think you just had a large bubble of air trapped in the dough there. Did you take a rectangle of dough and roll it into the loaf shape? Most of the time when I get a bubble out like that, there is a big void/air bubble in the dough from trapped air.
No, I formed both from dough balls. But that makes sense, as I did have some bubbles on the ends that I had to pop after shaping.
Beautiful bread!
The look so tasty!
Thank you! This might be the best batch I've ever made! Easy to slice evenly, fluffy and not dense, the crumb is nice, baked all the way through, AND tasty! I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.
Just look at my dad's evenly sliced slice here:
3B085CAA-F74A-4BD6-9A6E-C4E87AD4375A.jpeg

FD66E1C7-8905-47F9-9E57-83F04A701342.jpeg

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
No, I formed both from dough balls. But that makes sense, as I did have some bubbles on the ends that I had to pop after shaping.

Thank you! This might be the best batch I've ever made! Easy to slice evenly, fluffy and not dense, the crumb is nice, baked all the way through, AND tasty! I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.
Just look at my dad's evenly sliced slice here:
View attachment 2381097
View attachment 2381099
It would make an awesome grilled cheese sandwich!

Top Bottom