Any Home Bakers Here?

I will definitely post pictures if they come out. I love the recipe index! It looks like its 3x bigger than the last time I looked.
ep.gif

It gets updated every week so as long as recipes are posted, it grows (and grows and grows, lol).

Thanks! I'm thinking of braking out the mismatched tea pots & tea cups & having a very Mad Tea Party. I have some of those baking tea cups that I bought on sale once, but never used. I'll try to make cupcakes in those, the frosted 'eat me', 'try one', 'take one' cookies & maybe some traditional crustless cucumber sandwiches to offset the sugar a little. What I'd really like to do is somehow make it look like we're tiny people in a giant garden. I'm experimenting with making huge paper flowers with colored sheets of paper & hot glue. I'm wondering if I can twist some green gossamer up & make it look like leaves & I'm toying with the idea of making a couple big paper mache mushrooms out of some old chicken wire. My mind is reeling with great ideas, but I have zero budget so I have to make stuff out of whats already in the house. Also, I can only work on it at night when they're sleeping, so I don't know how much of it will actually get done, but is sure is fun thinking about it! Did you guys know that flour, water & old stained tshirts work great for paper mache if you don't have glue, starch or newspapers -- It just takes a bit longer to dry.
Cute ideas for your DD's party!

Thank you for the idea to cook my sour dough in the Dutch oven! I've always ended up with a pancake loaf because it spread sideways instead of up. So I put it in my casserole pot and finally got a loaf I can get a slice of bread out of :). Just wish you could buy loaf tins bread loaf size.

Good job!

Thank you for the idea to cook my sour dough in the Dutch oven! I've always ended up with a pancake loaf because it spread sideways instead of up. So I put it in my casserole pot and finally got a loaf I can get a slice of bread out of :). Just wish you could buy loaf tins bread loaf size.

That is a beautiful "loaf" of sourdough bread.

Quote:
2d86347dd1c8c6216272ca06eff57a4a.jpg
4dcc84faead6d9a3415a3e9d434fadfd.jpg
7ef8c138bc246ccc17dfb510ab08f6b5.jpg

I went to pinterest and searched Alice in wonderland decorations.
Some are very high end, but some are doable.
I think you could use crepe paper for the stems and construction paper for the petals. Put a balloon in the center and hang the flowers instead of attaching them to a wall.
The hanging crepe paper could also be grass blades.
They are going to have fun no matter what.
Children need a direction for their imaginations to be pointed, and then they do the rest.

Last edited:
@wyoDreamer how did your meringues turn out (if you've made them yet)?

Nice Job!

My mom is a home baker! I don't have any recipes though...
hide.gif

Find something on the Index you'd like to eat and ask her to show you how to make it
smile.png
Baking doesn't have to be hard...you can do it! Or if you just want to come talk and drool at the pictures along with the rest of us, that's good too!

Thanks for all of the 'Alice' pictures. Those are REALLY cute ideas & its so much easier for me to understand when I can see it. I figured out the trick with old tshirts for paper mache one year when I made a Mardi Gras tree for a friends adult party & needed it really sturdy to withstand some of the rowdier guests. I used chicken wire, old tshirts soaked in flour/water & did the outside in brown bags (like 3goodeggs mentioned) & liquid starch because it dries clear. That tree survived for months on my friends patio. Sorry NorthFLChick I didn't intentionally hijack your baking page into a craft page... To get back on topic, I also make a Kings Cake for the party. It was delicious, but was the hardest I've ever worked for a cake -- It felt like I was up all night babying it.

Back
Top Bottom