Any Home Bakers Here?

I use the Bob Ross painting technique.
You've got it down pretty darn well!

At six, Duckling just said, “wow! Is that from Ross?”
She's very observant!

The sourdough bread was baked this morning.
Looks great, what recipe did you use?

Well the 5 year olds are much better looking than mine.
She MAY have had help from someone you taught to bake.

This is not my YEAR
It sure isn't. Glad the dentist can get you in quickly.

I’m making a dozen cupcakes right now. A few weeks ago, I bought a four pack of flip lids for regular mouth mason jars. I love them for salad dressing and pancakes, but I just used one for the cupcake batter. It’s life changing! I didn’t have to use all of the batter right away! Of course, not making a mess was great too. I wish I’d realized that I could stop making more sooner, but I really do need more caffeine.

4E6B6A41-CDB0-44A8-B97F-2C105ECB6B90.jpeg

Pizza time!

No not today. Although I am going to start baking a cake here and there.

The other day I made my mother's applesauce cake. It is so good.

Would have posted pictures but my computer doesn't cooperate.
My mother made a wonderful applesauce cake too. I still I have her recipe written in her own handwriting. Still makes my eyes leak sometimes when I find something she wrote. She’s been gone since 1988, it’s just ridiculous that I’ve lived more of my life without her than with her!

I’ve been baking sourdough for months and months now, using my starter (Penny Jo) made from Penny’s recipe. Anyhow it is recommended to use an active bubbly starter. A few days ago I fed Penny Jo and she foamed up a little, but by the time I was ready to mix my dough she had settled down and nearly no bubbles. I thought maybe I’d have a flat loaf but you know that loaf had the most open texture and at least as much oven rise as any loaf I’ve baked so far. I was really happy with the results but surprised.

I’ve been baking sourdough for months and months now, using my starter (Penny Jo) made from Penny’s recipe. Anyhow it is recommended to use an active bubbly starter. A few days ago I fed Penny Jo and she foamed up a little, but by the time I was ready to mix my dough she had settled down and nearly no bubbles. I thought maybe I’d have a flat loaf but you know that loaf had the most open texture and at least as much oven rise as any loaf I’ve baked so far. I was really happy with the results but surprised.
And you did not post a photo?

Back
Top Bottom