Any Home Bakers Here?

Here you go, thanks @ronott1 ! They are beautiful and smell wonderful! Now to control my drool while I wait for them to cool so I can have a slice. Oh, and I didn't just brush the tops with butter after taking this picture. I melted butter and added honey into it, and brushed the tops with that. The tops are brown and shiny because I brushed the tops with an egg wash before baking.
No cool down necessary, I cut it hot out of the oven and slather with butter.

Here you go, thanks @ronott1 ! They are beautiful and smell wonderful! Now to control my drool while I wait for them to cool so I can have a slice. Oh, and I didn't just brush the tops with butter after taking this picture. I melted butter and added honey into it, and brushed the tops with that. The tops are brown and shiny because I brushed the tops with an egg wash before baking.
Go ahead and cut a slice!

I know a lot of people do, but it always gives me a gut-ache if I do. I've always understood that it isn't done cooking till it cools. I don't mind waiting.
It can because the yeast isn't completely dead yet. It usually dehydrates me but the flavor of hot bread just out of the oven with butter is worth it.

It can because the yeast isn't completely dead yet. It usually dehydrates me but the flavor of hot bread just out of the oven with butter is worth it.
Lol, you guys go ahead, you are braver souls than I! 🍞. I've had too many gut surgeries, don't like pain. .... I'll wait. 😉

Lol, you guys go ahead, you are braver souls than I! 🍞. I've had too many gut surgeries, don't like pain. .... I'll wait. 😉
Slicing the bread while it is hot will not hurt you but it can hurt the structure of the bread.

It is also hard to slice when it is hot. Cutting off the heal is fine for that recipe though.

Slicing the bread while it is hot will not hurt you but it can hurt the structure of the bread.

It is also hard to slice when it is hot. Cutting off the heal is fine for that recipe though.
Waiting the 30 minutes for the loaf to cool enough to slice is torture for me! (The recipe says 30 minutes; it's still warm.)

But yes, it does slice better after it totally cools.

20210517_173528.jpg

It has a lovely crumb AND is delicious! I used AP, whole wheat and bread flour. Thanks, ronott1, it turned out great!

Three Super Loaves of Bread. I have Ron's Recipe.
When I make White Bread again...I will try it. Thanks for sharing photo. Will be making it soon.
Aria

Back
Top Bottom