Any Home Bakers Here?

Thank you, @Ladies-Eight ! I have a plastic cake knife with a rounded leading edge. And nobody better cut cake but me, lol. Or wash my pans, either. So .. should I grease both the bottom of the cake pan AND the surface of the parchment paper before packing the crust on? I am so confused now! 🤪

I don't know how you are supposed to do it.

I would put a spot or two on the bottom of the pan to hold the parchment paper in place.

Usually the crust you have mixed up should have enough butter in it so you don't have to grease it.

I really feel that to grease or not to grease is for you to decide.

Have fun and Good Luck.

Did you use a thermometer to make sure it was up to 195 to 205 internal temp?
No. My "rule of thumb" has always been to check the bottoms of the loaves to make sure they are done and crusty. I learned that in a cooking class I took .... oh, a hundred years ago or so! 🤣 Is it not accurate in this scientific age? The bread was not gummy as in "underdone," it was nice and dry and thoroughly cooked. It just had a different mouth feel than I get from my regular recipe, and I confess I was a little heavy-handed with the bread dough which is higher in gluten content than AP or WW. It was a VEEERRRRYYYY sticky dough at the first rise phase.

Back
Top Bottom