Any Home Bakers Here?

Thank you, @Ladies-Eight ! I have a plastic cake knife with a rounded leading edge. And nobody better cut cake but me, lol. Or wash my pans, either. So .. should I grease both the bottom of the cake pan AND the surface of the parchment paper before packing the crust on? I am so confused now! 🤪
Oh dear! That sounds like I never wash my pans! No, no. I only meant nobody washes my pans but me. Nobody else gets them clean, and I don't want them put in the dishwasher. I wash them by hand.

I believe you just grease the bottom of the pan.
What kind of crust did you make for your cheesecake that it stuck?
I usually make a graham cracker crust and I have trouble with my springform pan leaking butter when baking it. No sticking on the pan bottom for sure.
It was a kit. Came with graham cracker crumbs to which you add melted butter and a little sugar.

Thank you, @Ladies-Eight ! I have a plastic cake knife with a rounded leading edge. And nobody better cut cake but me, lol. Or wash my pans, either. So .. should I grease both the bottom of the cake pan AND the surface of the parchment paper before packing the crust on? I am so confused now! 🤪
A little amount of Pam or what grease you use...would be double safe. Hate it when baking sticks. Some people I know spray the liners of their muffins or cup cakes.....they do not want some of the dough to stick to liners. And some use aluminum liners. Everyone does their choice.
What works for you is what you will do. Aria

If not usiing parchment paper, grease or butter the bottom of the cake pan. If using parchment paper, I would not grease or butter the pan or the parchment paper.

You have good taste.

DW says brownies don't count against your chocolate ration for the day.

DD1 once made a chocolate chip cookie in a large pizza pan. That was one BIG cookie.
We used to make these ginormous pizza-sized cookies when I worked at a cookie store in a mall. People ordered them for birthday parties, Mothers' and Fathers' day, graduation, etc. They were very popular!

I'm making Recipe #8687, Ronott's three-loaf bread, it's in the oven now. I was very worried about it, as I only had instant bread machine yeast and I had a VERY sticky dough. It didn't rise very well at all in the first rise but I soldiered on and panned it anyway. It did rise in the pan and looked pretty good. Will post pucs when it comes out, wish me good fortune!

I'm making Recipe #8687, Ronott's three-loaf bread, it's in the oven now. I was very worried about it, as I only had instant bread machine yeast and I had a VERY sticky dough. It didn't rise very well at all in the first rise but I soldiered on and panned it anyway. It did rise in the pan and looked pretty good. Will post pucs when it comes out, wish me good fortune!
:fl

I clicked the link, and it wouldn't show the recipe unless I signed up. Or signed in. Or signed on the dotted line. Or something. Do you have the recipe? I would love a GF chocolate chip cookie recipe...

I typed "chocolate chick" cookie recipe. I have chicks on the brain, cuz I'm still waiting to hear when I can go pick them up!
I converted the recipe to pdf and will attach it here

Attachments

• 6 Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies (No Chilling) _ Sally's Baking Addiction.pdf
    443.4 KB · Views: 2
Here you go, thanks @ronott1 ! They are beautiful and smell wonderful! Now to control my drool while I wait for them to cool so I can have a slice. Oh, and I didn't just brush the tops with butter after taking this picture. I melted butter and added honey into it, and brushed the tops with that. The tops are brown and shiny because I brushed the tops with an egg wash before baking.

Attachments

• 20210517_164626.jpg
    20210517_164626.jpg
    784 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom