Any Home Bakers Here?

I'm baking today, for the first time in absolute ages. I'm using a modified version of this recipe: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/

Instead of baking powder and all-purpose flour, I use self-raise flour. I added an extra egg and left out the vanilla.

ETA: It turned out very nice! I doubled the original recipe amounts and got 3 smallish loaves.

Those look great. I love sweet breads.

I did not get to baking bread yesterday but am on it today!

I am making my three loaf recipe that is in the index. Changes are:

2 C hard white wheat ground into flour--yield it about 4 C flour
2\3 C milk powder
1\3 C raw organic sugar
1 tsp diastolic malt powder
2 eggs
1 TBL potato starch
4 TBL vital gluten

It is in the kitchen aid mixer kneading now.

last night i made two spice cakes or idk what you would call them. i think they were cakes. i had left over self rising flour and i decided to make a cake with it. i sort of just threw some of this and some of that and it turned out so good! first time i made a cake that wasnt from a box and without a recipe.

2\3 C milk powder
1\3 C raw organic sugar
2 eggs
1 TBL potato starch
4 TBL vital gluten

I hope you'll share the results with us Ron (and maybe a photo?).

2\3 C milk powder
1\3 C raw organic sugar
2 eggs
1 TBL potato starch
4 TBL vital gluten

I hope you'll share the results with us Ron (and maybe a photo?).
The Bread turned out great!

I've found this thread to be highly addictive...just like fresh baked bread! I'm now looking at buying another bread machine! (Mine is old as the hills and I only use it for kneading and 1st rise.) Does anyone have a favorite bread machine (to actually bake in)? I am looking at a couple on Amazon but I'm leaning towards this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003ZDNKQK/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3NBBK9CIDZT0L

I like that it has collapsible paddles and it bakes in a regular loaf shape.

Well my bread was a bit sad today. I was going to make rottnots bread but it was not going to fit in my breadmaker and I was a bit busy today so went with my breadmaker book one. Put it in for the second rise and promptly forgot all about it duh! It spilled over the sides and I now have very interesting shaped slices lol

I've found this thread to be highly addictive...just like fresh baked bread! I'm now looking at buying another bread machine! (Mine is old as the hills and I only use it for kneading and 1st rise.) Does anyone have a favorite bread machine (to actually bake in)? I am looking at a couple on Amazon but I'm leaning towards this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003ZDNKQK/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3NBBK9CIDZT0L

I like that it has collapsible paddles and it bakes in a regular loaf shape.

No suggestions on new ones - but that one looks like the typical tall pans. I did research in the past - the ones that mix on the end of tall pans do a better mix than the ones with flat rectangular pans.

Well my bread was a bit sad today. I was going to make rottnots bread but it was not going to fit in my breadmaker and I was a bit busy today so went with my breadmaker book one. Put it in for the second rise and promptly forgot all about it duh! It spilled over the sides and I now have very interesting shaped slices lol
My machine's book warns that using a recipe exceeding the max amount of flour/dough will burn up the mixing mechanism - make sure with next one to reduce the recipes.

Baked my third sourdough bread the score is 0 for 3,
hide.gif
but I'm not giving up... I'm actually going to try again this evening #4. Keep your fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom