Any Home Bakers Here?

Hubby just mowed down the Egyptian Wheat. We harvested enough for the next planting. Getting all of the garden beds cleaned out for the fall planting. All we have left in the garden is eggplant. It's getting a little cooler low to mid 80's. Better than in the 90's. Today I'm recovering from a show yesterday. Put the birds back into their pens last night but now I have to clean the stuff out of the truck that I took to the show as well as make our game day snacks, hubby for his football games and I like racing.

My fancier recipes are downstairs, but here's a super easy microwave brownie recipe that I happen to have memorized.... Yeah, yeah, it's cheating, but boy is it useful when you realize you need to bring a dessert to a getogether or such and you're short on time.

Makes 9-12 brownies

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa

In a bowl, beat sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Add butter, beat until blended. Combine flour and cocoa in seperate bowl, than gradually add to sugar mixture. Mix well. Transfer to microwave safe 8 inch dish. Microwave uncovered on high for 3-4 minutes, or until brownie sticks to your finger when touched.
Note: very good when made gluten-free also.

I make them too. I love them. Sometimes I put chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and sometimes M&M's in them just for some fun.

Thought of you this morning. Made potato chips for game day snacks. More are in the fryer. We are sorting out our seed potatoes and getting ready for our first planting. We will do another planting in January. We do have frost covers in case we get a frost later but they grow great here in the winter months in Florida. I still have quite a lot left from our last crop and have to use them up so I have been making potato chips.

Awesome, those are perfection
droolin.gif

Oh, here's my 'nana bread recipe.... Got it from a friend, don't know where she got it from.

Banana Bread

2c flour
2/3c brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2-3 tsp cinnamon- I just shake a bunch in
2 mashed bananas
1/3c melted butter
2 Tbsp milk
2 eggs

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Then add the banana, butter, milk, and eggs. Stir completely, and put in a loaf pan. Bake @ 350 for 55-60 min.

Sounds delicious and easy -will have to try this
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom