Any Home Bakers Here?

This is the substitute for baking chocolate with cocoa:

Chocolate, Unsweetened: 3 level tablespoons unsweetened cocoa and 1 tablespoon butter, margarine or shortening for every 1-ounce unsweetened baking chocolate. 3 level tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa plus 1 tablespoon shortening, butter, or oil for every 1-ounce unsweetened baking chocolate.
Chocolate Substitution Chart, Whats Cooking America

https://whatscookingamerica.net/ChocolateSubstitutionChart.htm

This is the substitute for baking chocolate with cocoa:

Chocolate, Unsweetened: 3 level tablespoons unsweetened cocoa and 1 tablespoon butter, margarine or shortening for every 1-ounce unsweetened baking chocolate. 3 level tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa plus 1 tablespoon shortening, butter, or oil for every 1-ounce unsweetened baking chocolate.

Chocolate Substitution Chart, Whats Cooking America

https://whatscookingamerica.net/ChocolateSubstitutionChart.htm

I know that substitute but since the recipe called for the cocoa powder, that's what I used. I'll do it differently next time.

I know that substitute but since the recipe called for the cocoa powder, that's what I used. I'll do it differently next time.
One of the big problems in the Internet age is that recipes are rushed out and not tested. On a cooking show onNPR a suggestion was to only use cooking magazine recipes since they are usually tested very well.

I have run into a lot of recipes that simply did not work--like the caramel recipe that said to heat to 172F. Caramel needs to be at 275 or so to work.

Mine haven't started yet and is almost 2' tall. One of my egg customers who has been giving me some Key Limes has some trees and next time I see her I'll ask how big hers is. They went to Tenn. for the holidays so it will be awhile before I see her.

OK then, got my answer - I bought a 4 + foot tall Meyers lemon tree this year - one lemon is ripening, 2 are teeny and it has 2 new blooms. The older trees are pricey - but so much more fun. And I am really wanting a key lime tree, maybe Santa will bring me one?
jumpy.gif

I made english toffee yesterday and will be baking another chocolate pecan pie for my turn to bring Christmas treats to work tomorrow.
Boy, your co-workers are quite lucky:)

Well you better get started you only have 20 days left.
Oh my
old.gif
Is time passing quicker or am I just getting Old??
roll.png

One of the big problems in the Internet age is that recipes are rushed out and not tested.
It's strange for a recipe from a big manufacturer not to turn out, especially with a photo sitting there of the actual cake. Their whole business is baking, you'd think they'd know what you've told us.... shrug The other feedback on that recipe said the same, yet looking at the picture, it looks lovely and moist.

It's strange for a recipe from a big manufacturer not to turn out, especially with a photo sitting there of the actual cake. Their whole business is baking, you'd think they'd know what you've told us.... shrug The other feedback on that recipe said the same, yet looking at the picture, it looks lovely and moist.

In my experience, many recipes from the BIG recipe sites or magazines lack a lot in taste...and i you read the high reviews - most have adjusted the recipes
idunno.gif

A reason to tune in here for recipes and advice
bow.gif

I love King Arthur!
clap.gif

Not yet.
hmm.png
We have a 4-H bake sale coming up though, so I expect I will be baking quite a lot for that.
smile.png

Do you know what you're baking yet henny?

Hope you'll share some pictures of what you make!

Back
Top Bottom