Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi Sunflour, your waffles sound great. I've never had a starter, that's on my want to play with someday list. What all do you make with yours beside waffles? I suppose bread is obvious but are there other things you can make with it?

it's a sad sad day. my oven dead :-( I can't believe that it is 2 years old and boom dead. nothing worse then going to make dinner and no heat.
had to order a new part hopefully that fixes it, but have to wait to friday I even rushed the delivery. with the holidays so close i guess it could be worse.
can't wait to get my apron strings tied again.
a very sad
Jenn

Hey Jenn, is your oven fixed now?

Hi Sunflour, your waffles sound great. I've never had a starter, that's on my want to play with someday list. What all do you make with yours beside waffles? I suppose bread is obvious but are there other things you can make with it?
I love sourdough bread, also do sourdough pizza crusts. Used to do sweet rolls, but gained a lot that year and had to stop making them... ..not laughing, true.

Did my own starter a few years ago, didn't really like it. Last xmas gave myself a present..KA's starter…mild,forgiving - has to be with me, had it 10 months now and very active. Remembering to feed it during the warmer months is difficult, but even with loving neglect, it is still very active and mild.

Have only done the waffles a few times, but very good, makes a lot, freeze, and bring back out to toaster.

My true specialty is a dinner wheat roll, make ahead, freeze, thaw or nuke and great as small sandwich bread. First time I made it was for a holiday dinner and a guest thought it was a compliment to tell me it was " as good as store-bought"!!! GRRRR.

I am not affiliated with KA = King Arthur Flour but love their recipes. There's loads of info there on starters and tips. The wheat rolls, pizza dough are there's. Don't remember whose sourdough recipe I used last year…from one of my books or KA - but is mild and wonderful with chili or winter soups.

Does anyone have a good pumpkin soup or bisque recipe? I have tried a few and have been disappointed. Have had it before at a restaurant and loved it.

I was just roaming around the KA site and found a pumpkin soup recipe you may be interested in. A big time saver is they use canned pumpkin. Lots of good reviews from folks that tried it. Here's the link if you want to look:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/velvet-pumpkin-soup-and-oatmeal-muffins-recipe#reviews

I was just roaming around the KA site and found a pumpkin soup recipe you may be interested in. A big time saver is they use canned pumpkin. Lots of good reviews from folks that tried it. Here's the link if you want to look:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/velvet-pumpkin-soup-and-oatmeal-muffins-recipe#reviews
I have added it to my recipe folder, thanks. I think the one's I have tried in the past just were just too plain, not enough "punch". Now I have two to try soon. Thanks.

Hey Jenn,
I was wondering about you, glad to hear from you even if it is with a dead oven. That's crazy, a 2 yr old oven going out! Hope you're getting a really dependable one you like even better.
NO :-( still no oven. We are going out tomorrow and getting a new one :) Merry Christmas to me. I have not baked in 2 weeks and I am extremely ready for my oven back.
Thank you for asking

Yay, a new oven! I love looking at appliances and daydreaming.

Can't wait to hear what you turn out using it the 1st couple days, lol. There won't be any getting you out of the kitchen!

I made Parker House Rolls last night. We had company, the four of us ate almost 2 dozen rolls.

YUM! Homemade rolls are always the biggest "seller" at any meal I make them for. It's funny to me what a treat they seem to be to some people, because I grew up in a family where homemade breads are the norm.

Back
Top Bottom