Any Home Bakers Here?

Definitly with a schmear of cream cheese! Well I don't think it is just cream cheese that my wife puts on it, it isn't a frosting either, has a slight sour? flavor?
I forgot about posting a recipe for that CC cheese cake, I think I will have her make another one to be sure it is good and take a pic, add the recipe she uses. My grandmother always made a apple pie that had cream cheese in it, I'll have to get that one as well.
We grew 63 pie pumpkins on four plants, the secret, grew them in old chicken manure! Getting two pies out per pumpkin. I like to eat them like squash also, but we grew 30 some butter nut squash right next to them,and seven huge big max pumpkins on two plants. The power of chicken manure! About ten big wheel borrow loads.

Wow Beer can, that's quite a haul you had from your garden! We did well with squash in general this year but not so much with the pumpkins. Do you remember what variety of pumpkin you planted? I had a tough time finding any seed labeled "pie pumpkin" and want to try again next year.

Oh, cream cheese and pumpkin bread…genius and sounds so inviting. Gonna have to make this this weekend. Probably take some to the office folks….and make up for the poop cookies
smile.png

Yummy bread! If I have pumpkin left over when I make the pie, will have to try. We're making pizza today for lunch. I have a whole wheat pizza dough recipe we use. Always a hit

1 cup warm water, 2 1/2 tsp yeast, 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 2TBS olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/4- 1 1/2 cup flour.
Mix water, yeast and ww flour. Add oil salt and 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour. Knead and add flour as needed. Let dough rise about an hour. Spray baking sheet (I put corn meal down on baking sheet too). Form dough on baking sheet and add toppings. Bake at 425 for 10-15 min.

It has all purpose flour in it too, I found it on Pinterest

Last edited:
1 cup warm water, 2 1/2 tsp yeast, 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 2TBS olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/4- 1 1/2 cup flour.
Mix water, yeast and ww flour. Add oil salt and 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour. Knead and add flour as needed. Let dough rise about an hour. Spray baking sheet (I put corn meal down on baking sheet too). Form dough on baking sheet and add toppings. Bake at 425 for 10-15 min.

It has all purpose flour in it too, I found it on Pinterest
Thanks, printed for my recipes, gotta try it..I love whole wheat things.

I made pumpkin bread yesterday. This is an old family favorite, thought you may enjoy it too.

Pumpkin Bread

2/3 Cup shortening
2 2/3 Cup sugar
4 eggs
1 can pure pack pumpkin
2/3 Cup water
3 1/3 Cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 Cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees
Grease 2 9x5" loaf pans.
Cream together shortening & sugar
Stir in eggs, pumpkin & water
Blend in remaining ingredients
Pour into loaf pans
Bake about 60-70 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean

*This makes 2 large 9x5" loaves, very moist, great spread with cream cheese or butter & freezes well.

Got it printed and gonna try. Love your holiday Avatar.

Wow Beer can, that's quite a haul you had from your garden! We did well with squash in general this year but not so much with the pumpkins. Do you remember what variety of pumpkin you planted? I had a tough time finding any seed labeled "pie pumpkin" and want to try again next year.
Me too, want too grow some next year!

Got it printed and gonna try. Love your holiday Avatar.

I couldn't wait any longer to pull out my holiday avatar. Funny the things that excite us, lol. A chicken wearing a Santa hat...now that's irresistible! I think everyone should have one
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom