Any Home Bakers Here?

I drove up to my Mom's house in the Mountains yesterday and replaced the thermostat in her oven. It had been not heating sometimes, over heating and having 40 degree temperature swings. The thermostat cost $18.00 and the oven is now fixed!

She is going to cook come chocolate chip bar cookies today as a test...and because they are very tasty!

That's a pretty sweet payment for your work Ron (at least I'm assuming she's going to share with you?)! Nice of you to help her out.

Anyone been doing any baking lately?

It's been pretty hot so I know my baking has slowed down but for some reasons, cupcakes seemed like a good idea today. I just used the recipe I like for chocolate cake and cut it in half to get 13 cupcakes. They were good but seemed a bit dryer than the cake. Wonder why the recipe wouldn't work the same for a whole cake or cup cakes. Any ideas? (They aren't so bad we aren't eating them of course, lol.)

Anyone been doing any baking lately?

It's been pretty hot so I know my baking has slowed down but for some reasons, cupcakes seemed like a good idea today. I just used the recipe I like for chocolate cake and cut it in half to get 13 cupcakes. They were good but seemed a bit dryer than the cake. Wonder why the recipe wouldn't work the same for a whole cake or cup cakes. Any ideas? (They aren't so bad we aren't eating them of course, lol.)

I'd say you've just cooked them too long.

I was thinking of making a pie. Ran out of energy before I went out and picked apples. Maybe tomorrow.
I'm baking country style pork ribs with sauerkraut for supper, does that count?

Yeah, I'd agree...the baking time was off. The recipe called for 20-22 minutes for cupcakes but I took them to 21 minutes. Next time I'll go for 19 and let them finish baking out of the oven.

I was thinking of making a pie. Ran out of energy before I went out and picked apples. Maybe tomorrow.
I'm baking country style pork ribs with sauerkraut for supper, does that count?

Country style pork ribs with sauerkraut can only count as pie if they have a crust wrapped around them. I think that's the rule as set down by Betty Crocker or Julia Child.
tongue.png

Your dinner for tomorrow does sound good. Do you make your own sauerkraut?

Back
Top Bottom